Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal for Chevy:

Dealer say if we come in to do paper work we will not be able to get the car at that time, will have come back at a later date. They want us to do paper work over the web.

Nissan did paper work while car was charging and we drove off as soon as car was charged.

Both cars will/are Leased.

Dealer: Rosedale Chevy in Rosedale Minnesota

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Is this normal for Chevy:

Dealer say if we come in to do paper work we will not be able to get the car at that time, will have come back at a later date. They want us to do paper work over the web.

Nissan did paper work while car was charging and we drove off as soon as car was charged.

Both cars will/are Leased.

Dealer: Rosedale Chevy in Rosedale Minnesota
I don't think that's normal, however I have never leased a car. I would try a different dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:eek:Best to ask the dealer a direct question. WHY? Must be a reason.

·
Banned
350 Posts
It's not uncommon if the car has not been prepped for delivery. Even after a test-drive they may not have prepared the car until paper is signed, and then it takes a few hours to move it through the shop for final cleanup and inspection.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
When I was considering leasing the BMW i3, in Columbus, OH, 160 miles north, they wanted me to do "the paperwork" online, for MY convenience. Plus, they can have the credit check all done, so vehicle pickup is quick and easy.

Purchasing is a different story, and, if financing, that credit check can be done fairly quickly. In either case, a lien is on the vehicle/title. Even if they have to repo, they will not lose any money!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I did all my paperwork at the dealership and my wife drove the car home after they finished prepping the car and we signed all the paperwork (for a Chevy lease)

·
Registered
770 Posts
From their website, they show 20 Bolt's "In Transit", and 20 Bolt's "SOLD!"

They seem not to have a Bolt there for you to drive away with, as well as all the incoming Bolt's are already spoken for.
This dealer will do a hard pull on your credit, with no real timeline for delivery.
If you have a credit union, perhaps a bank, or some other financial institution - you may find they have a car buying
service. I have received multiple quotes from dealers through USAA's buying service (some as far away as 400 miles),
and I was pleasantly surprised with the discounts. One remote dealer offered to include delivery.

No need to be locked into the local dealer for purchase anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts