Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
What's more interesting is that young people who don't even realize that roll up windows existed still recognize the universal hand / arm sign for "roll down your window"...
That sounds like the kids who have a completely different idea of what it means to have your phone on a "party line"...

·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier Nightfall Gray
77 Posts
People complain about the Bolt not having adaptive cruise control. But I've never owned a vehicle with it. So I don't miss it. Funny how that works.
I had ACC for 5 years before my Bolt, but it was only useful if traffic was rolling at a fairly steady pace. It would disengage at 25MPH and was not aggressive enough to rely on in pulsing speeds common during rush hour.

I actually find the 1-pedal mode more relaxing in heavier traffic conditions than a car with ACC.

So, like you, I don't really miss the feature. To me, it was actually just a mildly nice to have for a small portion of my commute.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
158 Posts
Agreed. Now I can't live without it and no other car will be satisfactory without it. People complain about the Bolt not having adaptive cruise control. But I've never owned a vehicle with it. So I don't miss it. Funny how that works. No wonder cars keep getting more expensive with all the feature creep. I mean, how did we ever have cars with manual roll up windows?
Agreed on the ACC, and man, manual roll-up windows. Back then, they weren’t an issue until you got power windows. Then they seemed ridiculously hard. I can remember my first car and how it didn’t have power steering. My first few times driving, my shoulders and biceps were sore and i couldn’t figure out why until I drove a car with it.

The good ol’ days.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts