Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/06/2017-chevy-bolt-ev-ces-official/#slide-3759491

Interestingly, the Bolt will feature "Gamification" features intended to promote efficient driving by pitting Bolt drivers against each other for green driving awards or rankings. Details on are sparse on this feature, but then again, information on the Bolt in general is a little sparse right now.
This is interesting! Millennials who played video games growing up might relate to this concept for a more engaging driving experience, in its own way.

·
Registered
428 Posts
These gamification features are great, and in this case th beneficiary is you , making it areall winner in my eyes. Gamification has proven to deepen people's engagement and drive them to performing better as well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hyper milling essentially. I for one am not looking forward to having roadways clogged up with hoards of hyper millers...

·
Registered
60 Posts
When I read it will have a 0-60 time of "less than 7 seconds" that got me excited. Not that I don't love the planet, but I plan on enjoying that electric torque! If I can charge at super-off-peak rates, I'm not going to feel that guilty about "burning" a few kilowatts. :-D

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I read it will have a 0-60 time of "less than 7 seconds" that got me excited. Not that I don't love the planet, but I plan on enjoying that electric torque! If I can charge at super-off-peak rates, I'm not going to feel that guilty about "burning" a few kilowatts. :-D

I agree. Around town I'll enjoy the power. I might try to conserve on longer trips though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree. Around town I'll enjoy the power. I might try to conserve on longer trips though.
Yeah. Especially if I try to drive up to NorCal on the I-5. There are almost no CCS chargers along that route once you get out of L.A. Taking 101 from SoCal to the Bay Area seems like a much safer route for an EV in terms of charging infrastructure, even though it's quite a bit longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts