Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

201 - 220 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt LT Mosaic Black comfort & convenience driver confidence 1
44 Posts
I'm in Arizona. No need to be within driving distance. I was impressed with their much lower price and when I asked how much shipping would cost they said it was included in the price. (y)
Was it clear in your conversation with a Donohoo rep that the shipping will be to Arizona and not just a home delivery within a certain number of miles from the dealership? Not to doubt your word but free shipping on top of great prices seems too good to be true.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Did your rep give you the signal to talk to the owner or sales manager? If this would help speed up the process I am willing to do some of the leg work myself.
My original choice of dealership was the nearest. I live in a very rural area of CA, and that dealership only had 2 Premieres being a ‘20 and a ‘21.
I had given the VIN to the ‘20 and wasn’t interested in the ‘21 because of both the price and color.

I requested that the dealer be changed after finding out the only car I was interested was gone. I switched to a large dealership in San Jose, about 75 miles away. At least they have 40 premiers to choose from.

My rep hasn’t contacted me since 3/13. I have called to get VM twice, leaving messages to please call.

I think right now I am in the “ignored” mode that seems to be a ritual in the process. My rep undoubtedly doesn’t have any news regarding my case, so I continue to wait.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Was it clear in your conversation with a Donohoo rep that the shipping will be to Arizona and not just a home delivery within a certain number of miles from the dealership? Not to doubt your word but free shipping on top of great prices seems too good to be true.
I just asked them for price and delivery to AZ. They quoted a good price and when I asked "what about delivery", they said it was included. I didn't bother trying to find out how much of the price was the delivery part since it was already way below what I could get anywhere within driving distance. I'm sure they get bulk rates with all the shipping they do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just asked them for price and delivery to AZ. They quoted a good price and when I asked "what about delivery", they said it was included. I didn't bother trying to find out how much of the price was the delivery part since it was already way below what I could get anywhere within driving distance. I'm sure they get bulk rates with all the shipping they do.
That's good to know. If I'm ever offered a reasonable buy back amount I'll make sure I talk to Donohoo first. Thanks for the tip about free shipping.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My original choice of dealership was the nearest. I live in a very rural area of CA, and that dealership only had 2 Premieres being a ‘20 and a ‘21.
I had given the VIN to the ‘20 and wasn’t interested in the ‘21 because of both the price and color.

I requested that the dealer be changed after finding out the only car I was interested was gone. I switched to a large dealership in San Jose, about 75 miles away. At least they have 40 premiers to choose from.

My rep hasn’t contacted me since 3/13. I have called to get VM twice, leaving messages to please call.

I think right now I am in the “ignored” mode that seems to be a ritual in the process. My rep undoubtedly doesn’t have any news regarding my case, so I continue to wait.
Not sure where you're located but if you're anywhere in the Southbay take a look at Greenwood Chevrolet in Hollister they are offering $15,500 off leftover 2020 Bolt LT and they have several to choose from. I know what you mean by "ignore mode" which seems to be a common occurrence for some of us "candidates" for repurchase/replacement. I have not reached that point in the process yet and my rep is still calling me once a week and thanking me for my patience. I am willing to wait as long as it takes if that's what is needed to swap my used 2017 for a new 2020 with no money out of my pocket. Initially I was requesting a buyback but after sending in the required documents my rep asked if I would be willing to take a MSRP to MSRP swap for a new Bolt (model year not specified) including all taxes and fees. Any difference in MSRP or an upgrade to a Premier will come out of my pocket. It took me all of 5 seconds to blurt out **** yes I can live with that! It would have been only a split second but I was shocked and taken aback. My second question was to make sure I heard the offer correctly that GM will replace my used 2017 Bolt to "keep me in the Chevrolet family" with as close to the same option and equipment brand new Bolt. One of the weekly calls I received from my rep was to verify if I bought my used Bolt from a Chevy dealer or another brand dealership. When I told her it was not from a Chevy dealer she said "no wonder I couldn't find your VIN."

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
A local dealer in my area has a '20 MSRP $38.2k LT w/DCFC listed for $21.3k ($5.1k dealer discount - $8.5k rebate + $2k bonus cash - $1,250 "competitive market cash"). Toss in the Costco $3k discount and now we're down to $18.3k. Fire sale indeed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not sure where you're located but if you're anywhere in the Southbay take a look at Greenwood Chevrolet in Hollister they are offering $15,500 off leftover 2020 Bolt LT and they have several to choose from. I know what you mean by "ignore mode" which seems to be a common occurrence for some of us "candidates" for repurchase/replacement. I have not reached that point in the process yet and my rep is still calling me once a week and thanking me for my patience. I am willing to wait as long as it takes if that's what is needed to swap my used 2017 for a new 2020 with no money out of my pocket. Initially I was requesting a buyback but after sending in the required documents my rep asked if I would be willing to take a MSRP to MSRP swap for a new Bolt (model year not specified) including all taxes and fees. Any difference in MSRP or an upgrade to a Premier will come out of my pocket. It took me all of 5 seconds to blurt out **** yes I can live with that! It would have been only a split second but I was shocked and taken aback. My second question was to make sure I heard the offer correctly that GM will replace my used 2017 Bolt to "keep me in the Chevrolet family" with as close to the same option and equipment brand new Bolt. One of the weekly calls I received from my rep was to verify if I bought my used Bolt from a Chevy dealer or another brand dealership. When I told her it was not from a Chevy dealer she said "no wonder I couldn't find your VIN."
I am in Newman, very familiar with Hollister. I did look at Greenwood’s inventory, and would worry about the same thing as happened to me with Thompson Chevrolet in Patterson: the car I give my rep as the target swap vehicle gets sold before the swap is set up. For the same reason I am no longer looking for ‘20 VIN numbers: by the time the buyback team is half-way into setting up the swap, the car gets sold off the lot. It’s something to keep in mind can happen.

So I am asking to switch dealerships to Capitol Chevrolet. At least they will have a premiere model to trade as they have 29 in stock.

The MSRP-to-MSRP swap will include a charge to you for your use of the vehicle, calculated using the CA lemon law formula (miles driven multiplied by original price divided by 120,000 miles).

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am in Newman, very familiar with Hollister. I did look at Greenwood’s inventory, and would worry about the same thing as happened to me with Thompson Chevrolet in Patterson: the car I give my rep as the target swap vehicle gets sold before the swap is set up. For the same reason I am no longer looking for ‘20 VIN numbers: by the time the buyback team is half-way into setting up the swap, the car gets sold off the lot. It’s something to keep in mind can happen.

So I am asking to switch dealerships to Capitol Chevrolet. At least they will have a premiere model to trade as they have 29 in stock.

The MSRP-to-MSRP swap will include a charge to you for your use of the vehicle, calculated using the CA lemon law formula (miles driven multiplied by original price divided by 120,000 miles).
The problem with changing dealers is that not all Chevrolet dealers are willing to do the vehicle swap because they don't make a profit when dealing with GM. At least that's what the general sales manager told me. I'm not too concerned about the mileage usage charge since I bought my Bolt two days before the recall and Covid limited my driving to less than 1k miles in the following couple of months.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
748 Posts
.... I bought my Bolt two days before the recall and Covid limited my driving to less than 1k miles in the following couple of months.
That is awesome timing !!

Are you pursuing a Buyback?

·
Registered
291 Posts
The problem with changing dealers is that not all Chevrolet dealers are willing to do the vehicle swap because they don't make a profit when dealing with GM. At least that's what the general sales manager told me. I'm not too concerned about the mileage usage charge since I bought my Bolt two days before the recall and Covid limited my driving to less than 1k miles in the following couple of months.
We 2nd owners in CA have yet to find out exactly how we fit into the usage calculation. Unless a 2nd owner from CA who has completed a buyback can comment about their experiences (?)

For a MSRP to MSRP swap, I have read in one of the buyback threads that is only an option for the original owners. Somewhere in the same threads a second owner said that the lemon law wasn’t used to calculate his usage, and the first owners usage was not included, and he got a cash offer.

I have a similar situation regarding milage. Although I have had my Bolt since March of last year, I had only put 3K miles on it when I called GM. Between being retired and coronavirus I have yet to really drive my Bolt, besides a couple trips to Santa Cruz it’s all the local area.
I am currently waiting for the calculation, and I have messaged my rep that I want to discuss this proposed swap. I plan on questioning her on what the status is as far as the dealership angle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is awesome timing !!

Are you pursuing a Buyback?
Initially I called the concierge number and asked for a buyback but somewhere in the process my coordinator offered the replacement option. I get that the buyback option is probably the quickest path to a new Bolt but buyback is not for everybody. For those of us who bought used at a low price the replacement option is actually the best path although the most frustrating path. But with no out of pocket cost for a comparable swap with a new Bolt I am willing to wait until GM renegs and stands firm on their April state of the art programming in which case I'll be joining the class action lawsuit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We 2nd owners in CA have yet to find out exactly how we fit into the usage calculation. Unless a 2nd owner from CA who has completed a buyback can comment about their experiences (?)

For a MSRP to MSRP swap, I have read in one of the buyback threads that is only an option for the original owners. Somewhere in the same threads a second owner said that the lemon law wasn’t used to calculate his usage, and the first owners usage was not included, and he got a cash offer.

I have a similar situation regarding milage. Although I have had my Bolt since March of last year, I had only put 3K miles on it when I called GM. Between being retired and coronavirus I have yet to really drive my Bolt, besides a couple trips to Santa Cruz it’s all the local area.
I am currently waiting for the calculation, and I have messaged my rep that I want to discuss this proposed swap. I plan on questioning her on what the status is as far as the dealership angle.
I have followed the buyback threads too but it gets confusing because GM response depends on your home state. What we need is a new thread for california buyback/replacement to make sure that GM response and what our coordinators are telling us is consistent.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have followed the buyback threads too but it gets confusing because GM response depends on your home state. What we need is a new thread for california buyback/replacement to make sure that GM response and what our coordinators are telling us is consistent.
This active thread was originated as Bolt Buyback in California, so may be closer to what you're hoping to see:

I would venture that even within California many of us have different experiences because of several variables:
  • Date customer service case was opened
  • What was originally stated as the request
  • Who your rep is (i.e. where are they based)
  • Own or lease
  • Bought new or used
All the above create varying experiences. Could be an idea to create a new thread asking each contributor to provide exactly these details, maybe even add a poll or two, and see what trends emerge.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Reached out to the rep I have been dealing with saying "it's a week past the initial timeline you gave me for my buyback offer....wtf?" and this is what they told me:

"What I can tell you is that you can do a straight repurchase which would be MSRP minus state mandated usage deductions fees and any other taxes and fees which may apply, which will be determined by our repurchase team. Or you can choose a repurchase trade, which will be MSRP to MSRP swap of a 2020 and 2021 model and you will be responsible to pay the difference and any other taxes and fees which may apply. Before we can send to the repurchasing team to give you the final numbers they have to have a direction on which way to start processing."

The waiting game continues...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Has anyone sold back a vehicle after having your windows tinted? Just wondering if that 'alteration' would pose a problem.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
Has anyone sold back a vehicle after having your windows tinted? Just wondering if that 'alteration' would pose a problem.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I sold back my 2019 with tinted windows. No issue. But the tint was legal in my state.
The servce manager took about 1 minute to do his inspection. The car was clean with no damage.

·
Registered
2021 Nightfall Gray Metallic Bolt Premier
369 Posts
My 17 had tinted, my 21 doesn't. I noticed the difference and just assumed that was part of the Premier, but the salesperson only said "thanks, it will make the car easier to sell". So, no, that's one non original feature they won't make you take off.

201 - 220 of 289 Posts