Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

241 - 260 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Actually what you are saying, is that if I took the car into a dealer to apply the software fix (which I did about 2 months ago), I can actually use that mileage as reference point.
That would even be more advantageous, since I probably put around 500 miles on the car in the last month.

Is that how you are interpreting the lemon law in CA? I also reside in CA.
Yes, the mileage recorded by the dealer when you had the software fix applied is what should be getting used. Besides interpretation of the law, it's what I experienced when my '17 Bolt was repurchased a year and a half ago. They use the mileage recorded when the car was first taken in for the issue leading to the buyback. For my current buyback discussions they haven't asked me to provide a photo of the odometer as they're using the mileage from the recall visit. They have that as part of the vehicle's records.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Had my first contact with my assigned Repurchase coordinator today. Started process on 2/19/2021, GM rep called 2 days after that to tell me I was approved. Today I was told to send six photos of the car inside and out. ID, both sides of the title and registration. I was starting to wonder if they were still moving forward. I will update when I hear more.

Reactions: MDBolt

·
Registered
72 Posts
Had my first contact with my assigned Repurchase coordinator today. Started process on 2/19/2021, GM rep called 2 days after that to tell me I was approved. Today I was told to send six photos of the car inside and out. ID, both sides of the title and registration. I was starting to wonder if they were still moving forward. I will update when I hear more.
So, they didn't ask for the information of the car.. pictures, registration, etc... until after you were approved?

I started my process a couple of weeks back and after getting a call from them, got an email asking for pictures, registration, purchase contract, and finance company (ALLY). Got a call back and said she is looking for a dealer that will work with me.

I have a 2019 that falls in the recall with about 43k miles. I am fine with doing a trade for a newer Bolt as we are happy with the car. Probably wouldn't mind going for the MachE.. but will be happy with the Bolt. Again.

Reactions: Jim Fallston Md.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I gave some of the info to the GM rep on the first contact, this rep wanted that and more.

·
Registered
2021 Nightfall Gray Metallic Bolt Premier
369 Posts
My repurchaser contact didn't ask for pictures, just "was it In good condition?". He did ask for a guestimate on the mileage. I asked him if i added miles to it during the process and he said "keep it within reason".

·
Registered
1 Posts
So there you have it ... in MN, at least.

Judging by the way GM has handled these kinds of cases in the past, they've always seemed to try to minimize their financial exposure. So I'd be surprised if they gave secondary owners a buyback. In theory, the secondary owner got the vehicle at a greatly reduced price anyway ... and by virtue of buying "used" these owners are, in effect, saying 'I'm OK with some battery degradation' at this reduced price point.

But I'd certainly give it a try ... who knows (??) ... your State Lemon Laws may make it happen for you! Good Luck!
OK with battery degradation yes. Not okay with a design flaw that poses a serious threat to life, in effect degrading the value of my vehicle. Two very different things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How are you guys in California getting on to the next steps of the process? I've tried contacting Chevy twice now about my 2019 premier and both times they tell me that the fix is coming in April so there's nothing they can do. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
164 Posts
How are you guys in California getting on to the next steps of the process? I've tried contacting Chevy twice now about my 2019 premier and both times they tell me that the fix is coming in April so there's nothing they can do. What am I missing here?
Tough question...seems like a lot about the response is based on when the requests are submitted. Difficult to analyze the difference in GM’s handling between a complaint submitted in January and one submitted today, other than the proximity of the “fix” for them to point to.
I thought I saw some comments here about people pushing their complaints beyond the original “a fix is coming” response. I don’t know your situation, but maybe keep after them and focus on expecting compensation for the loss of range extended over multiple months and lack of confidence in the “fix”.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just got my offer letter today, signed dated and approved. They said it would take a week or so for the paperwork to get to my dealer of choice.
First call to EV concierge 2/19/2021
She called 2 days later saying my buyback was approved.
Crickets for 5 weeks Crickets.
London broil posted his letter in another thread with the phone # for the repurchase coordinators office.
Called them on 4/1/2021 and was told my case was not assigned yet.
Called again on 4/5/2021 and they transferred me over to my case manager. Sent everything she asked for same hour.
Got email today 4/6/2021 with the formal written offer.
In July 2017 LT all options I purchased new no loan.
$38,000.00 on the road
-$8,000.00 for 2012 Volt with 70k miles.
-$7500 Federal credit
-$3,000.00 State credit
$19,500.00 on the road
Repurchase offer $32,242.22
Will probably get a 2021 Premier all the options.
Woo Woo Woo and one for good measure.
Thank you GM

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I'm going on 6 weeks since I was told my buyback/MSRP swap was approved and have been waiting for contact from the repurchase coordinator ever since. Started this whole process back on 10 Feb.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm going on 6 weeks since I was told my buyback/MSRP swap was approved and have been waiting for contact from the repurchase coordinator ever since. Started this whole process back on 10 Feb.
I ran into a similar issue so I called back a few times until I finally got hooked up with someone at GM in Michigan; after that the process seems to have been moving along pretty smoothly; I'm trying to setup an appt. with the dealer now to turn in the car as the packet from GM has been sent to them and the dealership (where we purchased our Bolt back in Dec. 2016) has reached out to us to setup the appt.

·
Registered
376 Posts
As said before by others The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Just got my offer letter today, signed dated and approved. They said it would take a week or so for the paperwork to get to my dealer of choice.
First call to EV concierge 2/19/2021
She called 2 days later saying my buyback was approved.
Crickets for 5 weeks Crickets.
London broil posted his letter in another thread with the phone # for the repurchase coordinators office.
Called them on 4/1/2021 and was told my case was not assigned yet.
Called again on 4/5/2021 and they transferred me over to my case manager. Sent everything she asked for same hour.
Got email today 4/6/2021 with the formal written offer.
In July 2017 LT all options I purchased new no loan.
$38,000.00 on the road
-$8,000.00 for 2012 Volt with 70k miles.
-$7500 Federal credit
-$3,000.00 State credit
$19,500.00 on the road
Repurchase offer $32,242.22
Will probably get a 2021 Premier all the options.
Woo Woo Woo and one for good measure.
Thank you GM
Hey, congrats! The offer was right in line with MD lemon law guidance:
32,242.22/38,000 = 84.85%

MD caps deductions for usage at 15%.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Also, I finally heard back from the financial guy / repurchase coordinator today. Asking for more documents than the L2 CS rep, which I’ve sent over. Was told it’ll be another 3-4 weeks from here.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Also, I finally heard back from the financial guy / repurchase coordinator today. Asking for more documents than the L2 CS rep, which I’ve sent over. Was told it’ll be another 3-4 weeks from here.
Glad you finally made progress. I'm hoping my case isn't too far behind. IIRC, I started this whole process before you!

·
Registered
2017 Bolt LT Mosaic Black comfort & convenience driver confidence 1
44 Posts
The longer your case drags on the closer you will be to a 2022 Bolt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone think this buyback offer will be on the table for a while longer? The Bolt is my only vehicle so ideally I'd like to wait until the new Biden tax credits/rebates are available before doing the buyback.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ran into a similar issue so I called back a few times until I finally got hooked up with someone at GM in Michigan; after that the process seems to have been moving along pretty smoothly; I'm trying to setup an appt. with the dealer now to turn in the car as the packet from GM has been sent to them and the dealership (where we purchased our Bolt back in Dec. 2016) has reached out to us to setup the appt.
Hi Bolt Fan,

Could you share how you were able to get routed to GM in Michigan?
I am in CA, have been diligently following up with my L2 rep who is based in CA.
He doesn't help beyond saying, "your case is pending and you will be contacted when someone from the repurchase team is assigned"

I asked to escalate, but he said there's nothing to do.
I am willing to play the telephone routing game if there's some place to land with some other group at HQ.

Thanks if you can share your experience.

241 - 260 of 289 Posts