Just finished my buyback of 2017 Bolt July 2nd. I started in early February. There was a month delay because the hosting dealer didn't receive the buyback package, GM said they sent it and it was delivered registered delivery. They had to put a stop order on the check and redo the package. Delays, delays, delays, but I finally finished the process and have a brand new 2021.I started at the end of Feb. Finally heard from my repurchase coordinator last week and sent photos/docs back the same day. I think you were in limbo like me or have you sent stuff to an actual repurchase coordinator already?
Derek finished the final paperwork on my buyback. He was helpful. Unfortunately they are pretty swamped at the moment with the buybacks. Mine had a couple hitches along the way, one being lost settlement package containing the check, set things back another month before closing on July 2nd.I got assigned Derek yesterday! Hopefully he's quick with processing my docs.
I can’t believe you guys are handing out unpublished phone numbers to the people who are trying to work on getting you money or a swap. Don’t you think they have enough to do without a couple hundred calls per day from people who have been turned down already?You want Derek Watson Repurchase Coordinator in Saginaw MI, T 866.802.6625 x1207
Maybe edit the contact info out of your reply as well...?I can’t believe you guys are handing out unpublished phone numbers to the people who are trying to work on getting you money or a swap. Don’t you think they have enough to do without a couple hundred calls per day from people who have been turned down already?
AND complain about how long this takes? (See foot, aim, pull trigger)
Maybe edit the contact info out of your reply as well...?
Ahh...ok. The one I got was a "Straight Settlement Letter" vs your "Trade Settlement Letter". Congrats!I thought this day would never come (still need to finish the swap though)
View attachment 36228
One thing that I noticed: I am actually receiving a $15 credit off the balance of my existing loan since the MSRP of the EUV is $15 less than the MSRP of my '19 Bolt. I was told any credit I did not use would simply be forfeited. That leads me to believe if I had chosen a POS $14k Spark instead of a $44k EUV, my ~$30k loan balance would have more or less been eliminated? Eh, whatever, I've had enough delays, so I'm just accepting this offer to swap into a Launch Edition EUV for $0 out of pocket.
I'm in the exact same boat. I love the car, but not the idea that it can spontaneously combust. LoL I just got the call back yesterday to take down my information. I recently completed a lemon law settlement (in California) for a 2016 volt that I had and bought my used bolt with the settlement. I had originally opened a case about a month ago for the bolt, but when they sent my case for review they used my volt info which triggered a cancellation of my request. 🤦 Luckily the lady I spoke to yesterday caught the mistake instead of just telling my I can't open a case that was already settled with their legal department. So now I'm trying again with the correct info and she said she is going to be handling my case. We'll see...I'm late to the game: I decided to give the "remedy" (not a "fix") a chance but decided I'd ask for a buyback (2017 in NJ) the moment another fire occurred. I called the concierge line last week and received a call from an agent this morning. She took down my concerns: I did have a cell failure (chopped my range in half) last year so my confidence is already shaken. She also read me the prepared statement about how GM is investigating and no conclusions have been made. I countered with it doesn't matter what they conclude, if the Vermont Bolt self-ignited in any way, I don't want it.
She said she'd submit the request to "management," but cautioned that a) most requests have been declined since the remedy was released, b) the number of calls to re-request previously declined buybacks has gone up lately, c) but if I'm declined, the current policy is you can't appeal (but things could always change). I'm an early adopter, and I've loved driving the Bolt, but I just don't love owning it anymore. Fingers crossed, but not expecting much.
I'm in NH and bought my 19 Bolt in MA. So, from my understanding a buy back would be done in the state I purchased the car in correct? I'm starting to wonder after the recent fires with the fix.Just received a call (I'm in MA) yesterday from Chevy offering a replacement for my 2018 Bolt with 33k miles. I originally filed a complaint with the BBB Autoline back in April, which went nowhere--I was only offered the subsequent recall fix, nothing else, at the end of that process. I pushed back and ultimately got someone to review for a "good faith buyback." I submitted my paperwork last Thursday and was told it could be 3-5 weeks. I'm sure the flurry of articles on the Bolt fire in VT after the vehicle had the recall fix has Chevy working overtime to make offers. We'll be replacing our 2018 Bolt with the EUV and waiting to see if we can make the Rivian R1S work once our reservation number gets called. Good luck to everyone and don't give up--this problem isn't getting smaller or going away.
It depends on the specific state laws. Michigan's lemon law applies to any Michigan resident even if they purchase the vehicle out of state. Depending on the states involved, you may be able to to choose the jurisdiction favorable to you.I'm in NH and bought my 19 Bolt in MA. So, from my understanding a buy back would be done in the state I purchased the car in correct? I'm starting to wonder after the recent fires with the fix.
You may have had the quickest buyback experience of anyone that's been approved for one. Congrats!Just dropped of my 2017 Bolt at the dealer to complete my straight repurchase. Thought I'd share my experience here in case it's helpful to others.
I'm in NJ.
6/1/21 - First call to 1-833-EVCHEVY. Let them know I'd heard about the buy back program and that I'd like to pursue that. My reason was that I did not feel safe with a car that may catch fire. They mentioned the final recall fix. I let them know that I wasn't confident with a software fix for what is a hardware problem. They said someone from the buy back team would reach out to me within 24-28 hours.
6/4/21 - Got a call from the buy back team. She requested a bunch of documents from me: Buyer's order, retail finance contract, payoff statement, picture of odometer. Let me know that it would take 7 to 21 business days to review my case. Promised to reach back out to me every two days to check in even if there wasn't a change in status (she did this via email).
6/21/21 - Received an email that offered either a straight repurchase or an MSRP swap (hooray). There were no dollar amounts given at that time, but I knew I only wanted to do the straight repurchase. (I have a reservation in for a F150 Lightning. woot). I responded that I'd like to pursue the straight repurchase. They responded that same day that a member of the repurchase team would reach out to me in 7 to 21 business days with more information.
7/2/21 - Got a call from the repurchase coordinator. She explained the whole process. She needed some more pictures of the car, my DL, registration, etc...Wasn't able to give me any dollar figures, but reviewed with me how the offer would work for my state. I sent her everything she needed that same day. Apparently having the loan through GM Financial makings things easier from a paperwork point of view (that's what she said, at least).
7/7/21 - Received the offer via email. It was just about exactly what I expected from reading this thread and others online. My purchase price plus any interest I've paid on the loan minus the usage fee. Being from NJ, the usage fee was based on what percentage of 100K miles I've driven. They'd pay off GM financial and cut me a check with what's left. I signed the offer and emailed back the next day.
7/8/21 - Repurchase coordinator sent an email with instructions to both me and the dealer. Once they receive the package she had sent, the dealer and I would arrange the drop-off.
7/13/21 - Dealer got the package. We agreed to do the drop-off today, 7/16.
7/16/21 - Dropped off the Bolt. Got my check.
My thoughts on the process:
I believe my experience was as smooth as it was based on the NJ Lemon Laws. Never had to escalate or threaten. I was concerned that since I didn't start the process until after the recall was announced I might be out of luck. Thankfully, that was not the case. I realize that in other states it seems like they may have changed the policy post-final recall. CA in particular seems to be more difficult. Dumb luck on my part.
Everyone I dealt with at GM was great and did exactly what they said they were going to do. Almost to a point of over-communicating. Again, I realize that hasn't been the experience of everyone. I can't explain it.
So now I wait for the F150 Lightning. My kids are away at school so I'll be driving their car in the meantime.
I will challenge that.You may have had the quickest buyback experience of anyone that's been approved for one. Congrats!
Meanwhile, I'm on month #5 (though I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel).