Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I needed faster charging and after much research, decided on a Grizzl-e Level 2 system. I spent a few hours on Wednesday installing a 50A, 240 volt breaker, 40 feet of cable and the newest Grizzl-e level 2 charger. I finished it on Weds but didn't want to plug it in until the Bolt was under 50% for it's first charge. I plugged it in at 9:00 pm Thursday night and the DIC informed me it would be completed by 3:15 pm Friday morning. A little over 6 hours is awesome from 30% to fully charged. I will be checking on it first thing in the morning.

While I was installing it, the technical director of our county Electric provider called to see if he could some over to talk Chevy Bolt. The night before, I told him about the ChevyBolt.org site and he visited and was very impressed with the knowledge base of forum members. The county bought a Bolt and added graphics advertising Clean Green electricity. He was impressed. They also installed a level 2 charger in the employee parking lot and invited me to "fill up" any time I was in town around the square.

My install is in a temporary location since it is my intent to build a new 2 car garage later this year if lumber prices return to sanity. In the meantime, it will work very well from where it's at. I thank some of the forum members for great advice on what to buy and install tips.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Our city utility company installed a pair of Level 2 chargers at their downtown HQ, but they're in a gated employee parking lot, inaccessible to the public. Very unfortunate, as they're the only chargers available in the downtown area. As far as I can see, none of the employees use them. The utility Co has an electric work truck which is usually plugged into one of the chargers. Kudos to your electric provider for making the charger accessible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts