Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
I was thinking that as we get closer to the LA Auto Show later this month Chevy might release the page, or just after it, but I can't see this year closing out with the page not being up, that would just be weird.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just went through the Costco Autoprogram process for a Bolt and the Costco configuration tool says "The vehicle you selected does not currently feature prearranged pricing."

If anyone can get past this, let us know!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The Costco configuration page is still up, so I assume it wasn't really a leak and has been pre-approved by chevy. Not a huge price difference between invoice and MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
The Costco configuration page is still up, so I assume it wasn't really a leak and has been pre-approved by chevy. Not a huge price difference between invoice and MSRP.
Invoice price is really a crock anyways. 20 years ago invoice price was a good 15% under MSRP, but nowadays it's barely 4-5%. And that narrowing gap between invoice and MSRP is no accident.

But with the Bolt, that will probably be as good as it gets initially.

Cars.com and Edmunds.com also have the configurator. Just not chevy.com. Lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Either it was Chevy's small effort to create hype or they are seriously lacking in an area that should be very easy for a company worth billions. By now we should be seeing more from them than what's currently available.

Step it up GM!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think they're lacking. It doesn't make sense to me how a manufacturer would let everyone else run a configurator, and not have one themselves. What's the point in that ? How can it benefit them ?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The Bolt is still under the "upcoming" category on Chevy's site, but the first ones are supposed to be delivered before the end of this year. Chevy is really dropping the ball on this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Saying they are "dropping the ball on this" is easy to say but we have to look at what's going on and it could be as simple as GM wanting to ride the wave of news coming out at the L.A. auto show for example. With a product like THIS, that approach will help.

Much like other brands in other industries, they wait for major industry events for launches, releases, on-sale announcements, etc.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think this is a bad sign. If the "mother ship" doesn't have their act together, how well do you think the satellite dealerships will be prepared for this entirely new car being added to their lineup?

On the other hand, the salesperson at the dealership I'm working with said he went to training a week ago in anticipation of their receipt of their first deliveries.

Keeping fingers crossed!!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Guess it's just their site that's lagging behind. Good to hear that they're training their salespeople and getting everyone up to speed for the new Bolt.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Still doesn't seem to be up.. it's all good though, I guess once we have the other ones to work off of and we can go to our local dealerships and talk to them about build sheets ?

Still gotta wait until early next year anyhow..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think this is a bad sign. If the "mother ship" doesn't have their act together, how well do you think the satellite dealerships will be prepared for this entirely new car being added to their lineup?

On the other hand, the salesperson at the dealership I'm working with said he went to training a week ago in anticipation of their receipt of their first deliveries.

Keeping fingers crossed!!!
I don't think it's a bad sign at all, since none of us will be ordering directly from Chevrolet. For better or worse we must go through the dealerships, which have agreements with membership programs like AAA, Consumer Reports, and Costco. These services have an incentive to set up their portals because they're rewarded for funneling customers to dealerships.

Chevrolet has updated their website multiple times, but a price tool doesn't do much at this point with such limited availability.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts