Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a condo and there's no WiFi in my underground garage. I do have WiFi at work (its unsecured - no password), and would like to do software updates at work. But Bolt wont connect to unsecured WiFi networks.

Is there a workaround?

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I live in a condo and there's no WiFi in my underground garage. I do have WiFi at work (its unsecured - no password), and would like to do software updates at work. But Bolt wont connect to unsecured WiFi networks.

Is there a workaround?
Do you have a smartphone that has hot-spot capability? I used my iPhone as a hot-spot and the Bolt connected without a problem.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Is there a workaround?
There have not been any over-the-air updates offered yet, and no mention if they'll ever be offered.
All we have been told is that the Bolt is capable of receiving OTA software updates for the Infotainment System (not the drive/control systems!).
It remains to be seen if/when, if ever... GM decides to push Infotainment System SW updated OTA.

Currently every update has required a dealer visit.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I would never ever connect the Bolt to an unsecure wifi network, even if it let me. I don't know if there are any vulnerabilities in the Bolt (probably are) but connecting to an unsecure wifi is a sure way to leave the car open to attacks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts