Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else had their latch on the console lid fail? The first one failed after a few months & now the 2nd one has failed before the 1st year!!!
Surely I can't be the only one this is happening to. Luckily it's not hard to reach in with a finger to open it. (They have to replace the whole lid to fix it as the latch assy. is not available separately).

·
Registered
318 Posts
I found out, mine didn't open unless it was all the way back trying to open mine at the car wash.

No big deal I just slide it then open it, I guess it slides back as I lean on it when driving.

I have never run across a center glove box that works like that, I would imagine defeating the lock could be done perhaps after the winter I will take a look at it.

I have had Honda's with sliding armrests, but I'm not sure they locked when all the way back.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have never run across a center glove box that works like that, I would imagine defeating the lock could be done perhaps after the winter I will take a look at it.

I have had Honda's with sliding armrests, but I'm not sure they locked when all the way back.
Right. We've never come across this issue with other vehicles as well. We have Subarus that have the same sliding armrest feature, but this never interferes with the locking mechanism. My wife and I actually initially panicked and thought that we had already broke the Bolt 3 days into it. :|

·
Registered
898 Posts
I discovered that early on. There was a moment of panic because I had my wallet in there.
On the positive side, I now can shift the car 100% of the time from P to R.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
On the positive side, I now can shift the car 100% of the time from P to R.
I can do it every time without fail until I'm blocking traffic as I try to parallel park on a busy street and I'm in a big hurry to get out of everyone's way - then it takes me like 10 seconds to calm down and get methodical enough to get it right.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I can do it every time without fail until I'm blocking traffic as I try to parallel park on a busy street and I'm in a big hurry to get out of everyone's way - then it takes me like 10 seconds to calm down and get methodical enough to get it right.
+1 on this. My 5-10% failure rate comes every time I back into our garage and I see another car in the rearview mirror coming. At that point I just turn on my blinkers until I "remember" how to shift into R.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Here's the secret - hold the button all the way to the left and all the way back to center. If you release early, no shift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Siding armrest discovery & latch problem cured

A big thank-you to those that replied. Saved me a trip to the dealer & now I know how to work the sliding armrest LOL.
I remember seeing something somewhere about "sliding armrest" but after looking for a handle or latch just ignored it.
You would think there would be something in the manual with a note to say that the latch will only work in the back position! The funny thing is that the dealer already replaced the complete lid ass'y once & never mentioned anything about having the armrest all the way back. i feel better that I'm not the only one........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts