Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I can't believe it's the year 2020 and they aren't disinfecting planes with UV after every flight. I suppose it's not in their economic interest to do so. Even more shocking to me is that hospitals don't disinfect rooms with UV after each patient. It should be a built in feature of every room.

Maybe TSA should offer masks to everyone after having made it through security.

Alcohol hand sanitizer should be installed on the walls of the loading ramps so people can clean their hands while they stand around waiting to board.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Wars, both cold and hot, always have an ideological and/or religious justification. In the real world, governments and business interests are joined at the hip. Trade and finance have been used for leverage back as far as recorded history, and surely before.. China is a major world power again now, in part thanks to Western money interests gutting manufacturing over 40 years for their gain. The money blinded them to the longer term security implications. Twenty years ago the US military learned that they had to source aircraft bolts from US makers. They might cheat too, but it was easier to control their greed than that of a foreign company.

The old MG brand is British, but the company is Chinese owned. I am sure this move is noble, but it also advances the image of China.

The pandemic, like every human interaction will be played for advantage by every government and business on the planet. Let us hope the net result is reached peacefully.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I can't believe it's the year 2020 and they aren't disinfecting planes with UV after every flight.
Because disinfecting almost anything with UV light is almost completely useless. In something as complex as the interior of a passenger aircraft, how would you get the light into every nook & cranny of the seats, overhead bins, etc? Impossible. It would take hours of UV exposure to do anything, even if you could get it into all those places.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’m a nurse anesthesiologist and a former ICU nurse, and I can tell you that you do NOT want this disease. COVID-19 causes what we call Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), which is a nice short way of saying your lungs turn to mush and shut down. It is one of the most awful ways there is to die. Please don’t think that just because you may be young and healthy that you are immune from the worst possible effects of this disease - you patently are not. One of the things we don’t yet understand about this virus is why some people can be infected and show no, or only very mild symptoms, while others, seemingly at random, experience the worst possible symptoms, and often die. It’s not just old or sick people who are dying from this.

And PLEASE do NOT listen to ANYTHING that is coming from anyone in the executive branch of the US government unless it’s Dr. Anthony Fauci or Dr. Deborah Birx. Just about everything else that is spewing from the ignorant mouths of those at the top of this government is utter and complete BS. We are factually NOT “in good shape” on ventilators anywhere in the country. Chloroquine is NOT a panacea, and it has NOT been “approved by the FDA” for Coronavirus, despite what the Nincompoop-in-Chief may keep saying. Use of chloroquine alone or with azithromycin without a doctor’s supervision can cause you to DIE. The combination is known to cause long QT syndrome, which can lead to fatal cardiac dysrhythmias. There is only the scantest of anecdotal evidence in a tiny number of patients that it has any effect whatsoever.

I work on the front lines of this every day, and I see what’s happening, and I see what’s coming. This won’t be over in a couple of weeks, or probably in a couple of months. We should all be prepared to STAY HOME and STAY AWAY FROM EACH OTHER for at least several months. I fervently hope and pray that I am proven wrong on that, but I don’t think I will be. I’ve done a lot of research in epidemiology, and this is something we have never experienced in living memory. It’s NOT going to be over by Easter, and probably not by the 4th of July.

221 - 228 of 228 Posts