Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the correct way to ask for all the latest firmware updates?

I ask because I know that in the past if I had a new GM car and they came out with "calibration" updates to a control module, you needed to specifically mention a symptom that would trigger the technician to check and reprogram the calibration file for that module.

For whatever reason (probably $$ shop time) if you simply said "Please confirm that every module has the most recent calibration file" they would say "your car is up-to-date" unless you specifically identified a symptom

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
What is the correct way to ask for all the latest firmware updates?

I ask because I know that in the past if I had a new GM car and they came out with "calibration" updates to a control module, you needed to specifically mention a symptom that would trigger the technician to check and reprogram the calibration file for that module.

For whatever reason (probably $$ shop time) if you simply said "Please confirm that every module has the most recent calibration file" they would say "your car is up-to-date" unless you specifically identified a symptom
Say you are having freezing issues with the center display semi-regularly, the volume doesn't work when it happens, and you heard there is an Apple carplay/Android auto update that addresses these bugs. Maybe mention a stuck rear vision camera for good measure.

That's what I did, and they found the update and installed it no problem.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
From my experience that's still the case, which sucks when you know full well that you've got an early production model and there have been fw updates since the car was delivered but the service dept. is too cheap / lazy to check the various modules.... I suppose if you don't know anything is wrong and don't complain then they don't really have anything to "fix", but when stuff is buggy.... I guess I should really just go complain about things again... Thanks for lighting that fire for me!

·
Registered
507 Posts
As posted in 12 V Battery trouble, I am having some weird problems of the car not starting on four occasions, with errors related to the 12 V system. They did update one module and claimed it was fixed. Yeah, it ran for a week or two, then left me stranded in a regional park outside city limits. The Bolt was delivered Jan 13 2017 so it is an early model. What words do I use to get them to do a full upgrade? Apparently there are several separate modules.

From my experience that's still the case, which sucks when you know full well that you've got an early production model and there have been fw updates since the car was delivered but the service dept. is too cheap / lazy to check the various modules.... I suppose if you don't know anything is wrong and don't complain then they don't really have anything to "fix", but when stuff is buggy.... I guess I should really just go complain about things again... Thanks for lighting that fire for me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts