Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2020 Bolt Premier that should arrive this week. My dealer called today to give me the good news that in addition to the $8,500 GM discount, there is an additional $3,000 for Costco members. That's $11,500 in addition to the waived final lease payments. Not too bad!

I'm always hesitant to post these thing because invariably I'm told of some other discount that I didn't get (LOL)..

I have mixed feelings about turning in my 2017 Premier, as it has been virtually trouble-free. However, I got one of the first 2017 Premiers delivered in Tucson, and paid top dollar for it. I'm purchasing the 2020, rather than leasing.

Ron

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow, that’s a really sweet deal. $3,000 addl. off for Costco members through Jan 4. Thanks for sharing that. Should help sell a few more!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got in on this deal today too. Went in to buy a 2020 and after we worked out a deal I checked Costco and they added it. 8500 gm rebate - 6500 dealer discount - 3000 Costco discount = 18000 off!!

fully loaded premier. Metallic Grey, love it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Interesting. In October of last year I went through Costco and all it got me was the gift card. There was no specific discount mentioned or given, and I had all the runaround and games you'd typically expect from a dealer. I eventually ended up with what I considered a fair deal, but Costco didn't have anything to do with it, it was due to determination on my part.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Interesting. In October of last year I went through Costco and all it got me was the gift card. There was no specific discount mentioned or given, and I had all the runaround and games you'd typically expect from a dealer. I eventually ended up with what I considered a fair deal, but Costco didn't have anything to do with it, it was due to determination on my part.
this Costco deal began 9/1/2020

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got in on this deal today too. Went in to buy a 2020 and after we worked out a deal I checked Costco and they added it. 8500 gm rebate - 6500 dealer discount - 3000 Costco discount = 18000 off!!

And I thought my 5k off MSRP was good with the $8500 oh well. With state rebates I got mine for free

·
Registered
88 Posts
One of the dealer here is giving up to $17k off Msrp and that does not include the costco $3k discount. Then add state and power company rebates. It will end up costing you about $15k.

·
Registered
35 Posts
One of the dealer here is giving up to $17k off Msrp and that does not include the costco $3k discount. Then add state and power company rebates. It will end up costing you about $15k.
I paid $12k after state city and electric company. With Costco it would be 9k before taxes. I already sold spark ev I got that for free got 7k then corona cash. I mean Im on disability with a free paid off 2020 bolt no complaints

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Here in WA, there are no state and power company rebates. There is a sales tax forgiveness, but that's only lessening the additional, not a deduction.
(edited for clarity)
Bottom line, buying a Premier in Spokane today, including the Costco discount, is still $32,605 plus tax and licenses.
Premier here is around $27k plus tax & license.
When buying ours new in 2017, we looked into trying to buy out of CA or OR, but the rebates and lowball deals were tied tightly to state residency.

jack vines

·
Registered
37 Posts
Costco may or may not work for you. Didn't work in my case when I bought my Chevy Sonic in 2013. I managed to find a price $1000 less than Costco's price. Costco later contacted me with questions about the details of my purchase. So do some comparison shopping before you buy through Costco.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Costco may or may not work for you. Didn't work in my case when I bought my Chevy Sonic in 2013. I managed to find a price $1000 less than Costco's price. Costco later contacted me with questions about the details of my purchase. So do some comparison shopping before you buy through Costco.
We tried Costco but also found a better deal on our own.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't think with this promotion you need to purchase through Costco Auto program, but not sure.

1 To qualify for the Chevrolet Bolt EV Limited-Time Special, you must: (1) be a current Costco member by August 31, 2020; (2) register with Costco Auto Program online or through its call center to receive a certificate with your unique promotion code; (3) present your certificate and unique promotion code to any Chevrolet dealer at time of visit; (4) take delivery of a new and eligible 2020 or 2021 Chevrolet Bolt EV between September 1, 2020, and January 4, 2021, to receive the $3,000 incentive. Incentive will be applied at time of eligible purchase or lease. This Limited-Time Special is compatible with most publicly available Chevrolet incentives for which you qualify. Incentive cannot be combined with HR Voucher Coupon. Subject to change without notice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a new 2020 Bolt Premier that should arrive this week. My dealer called today to give me the good news that in addition to the $8,500 GM discount, there is an additional $3,000 for Costco members. That's $11,500 in addition to the waived final lease payments. Not too bad!

I'm always hesitant to post these thing because invariably I'm told of some other discount that I didn't get (LOL)..

I have mixed feelings about turning in my 2017 Premier, as it has been virtually trouble-free. However, I got one of the first 2017 Premiers delivered in Tucson, and paid top dollar for it. I'm purchasing the 2020, rather than leasing.

Ron
That's exactly what I just did!
Judy

·
Registered
1 Posts

Was this with a dealer in Los Angeles? If so, which one? My lease on my 2017 Premiere is up at year's end. Thanks!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
So, I guess if one is about to buy a Bolt, they should go online to Costco and join up.
On the fine print, it says you have to be a member by Sept 1. You can't just sign up now.
You don't have to go thru Costco to avail of this discount. Dealer will give u this discount as long as you're a member beginning Sept. 1.

Was this with a dealer in Los Angeles? If so, which one? My lease on my 2017 Premiere is up at year's end. Thanks!!
Where in LA are you? There is big discount in Victorville Chevy.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts