Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I read a few other threads and realize that the "My Chevrolet" app is either currently broken or being updated. I just put it on my iPhone and was looking at the different features and saw the "key pass" connection feature. So went to the car and completed the setup and on the infotainment center my phone was listed as a device and in the app I was receiving vehicle status such as charge state, etc.

What I saw as a really cool feature was a proximity feature that says when the phone is detected that the Bolt lights would automatically come on; as this is my wife's car and she will be walking to it at night, I thought this was a really cool function. However it doesn't seem to work as I went back to my house and waited about 5 mins, saw the app still showed connected and went out to my pitch black garage and walked right up to the car - nada.

Does anyone know if that feature works, has worked or is it just a total waste to assume the app and related features work at all?

Another question is the navigation app option "Send to Vehicle" which I find odd as the car has no internal Nav system; what is the point of this feature (just curious).

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
use the key fob's remote start feature which works further away than any Bluetooth. press lock, then hold the option button (circle arrow) for four seconds.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Another question is the navigation app option "Send to Vehicle" which I find odd as the car has no internal Nav system; what is the point of this feature (just curious).
The Bolt doesn't have a true navigation system, but the OnStar module has a GPS and it has a rudimentary "turn by turn" navigation system that will speak directions to you ("turn left at the next intersection"). You can also configure the driver information display to show those directions as text.

This was originally designed as an OnStar feature - you press the OnStar button in the car, tell the advisor where you want to go, and they upload the directions into the car.

The phone app adds the ability to do this yourself by planning your route on a map. You can upload the route to the car, and the car will then give you the directions. But "turn by turn" navigation isn't terribly smart and if you miss a turn it may or may not be able to get you back on track again.

use the key fob's remote start feature which works further away than any Bluetooth. press lock, then hold the option button (circle arrow) for four seconds.
Just to be clear, this is the procedure to activate pre-conditioning. It doesn't just turn the lights on, it also uses additional battery power to heat or cool the cabin.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The MyChevrolet app on my Android (Samsung) phone works well. It texts (and/or emails) me when my charging is completed, gives me tire pressures remotely, and the Remote Commands of Locks, Preconditioning, and Horn & Lights work. I can do it from the floor above the garage. I "preconditioned" for the first time this am while rinsing my breakfast bowl. I was plugged-in in the garage & charging had completed about 4 am. I had left the temp setting at 72. I started preconditioning 10 minutes prior to departure. I had a toasty-warm, full-range EV when I unplugged and ventured into the cold. I left the heat off for the entire drive to work (7 miles, 17 minutes).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the App on my iPhone and i feel its sub par. It never emails or texts me when the charging is complete even though I enabled both and have the correct email addy and phone number. I am, however, able start the car on the app as it makes cooling down the car on a hot day a Godsend.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the iPhone version of the myChevrolet App running with iOS 11 and have no problem with text messages re: charging status and can also use the App to look at charging status, time to full charge, tire pressure, efficiency, Odometer, check for recall, Hotspot settings, plan route, parked location, send navigation, lock and unlock, precondition, horn/lights and review owners manual and also send commands

The only problem with the App is the time it takes to refresh the data (sometimes I have to do it 2-3 times to get the correct data.)

PS: I'm on the OnStar Trial so who knows what will work if I don't subscribe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts