Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Have you ever heard of Spacefest? It's a big 4 day space conference and art show in Tucson. I show my space and sci-fi artwork there, and have met several astronauts at it.
Uh yeah! I go every year (except this year of course).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
All of the electrical tapes I could find locally were 3/4" wide, not quite wide enough to cover the strip. So I bought the Trimbrite Blackout Tape. I'll try to remember to install it some cool morning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This really seems like a great opportunity to try vinyl wrap. Just like the exterior wrap, but on the inside. It's a little bit of a learning curve, but really easy once you get it down.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Picked of a roll of Trimbright Blackout Tape from the local Knechts Auto Parts today for ~$4. I'll wait for the current heatwave to pass and then give it a go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are there any good options for covering the chrome strip above the touchscreen to stop being blinded by the reflection? I'd want something durable and washable. I think some sort of tape that gains adhesion over time and doesn't shrink or swell would be ideal. I wouldn't trust myself with paint. And while on this subject, does anybody feel the need to cover the white parts surrounding the outer dash vents?
Matte Black gaffers tape dulls the chrome strip.
Make a template from paint masking tape, scribe the shiny bit and transfer that stencil to cut the black tape for an exact fit.
The same technique is used to correct the white left dash reflection Design Flaw. It took two attempts, using two strips of properly-trimmed matte-black gaffers tape.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts