Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
that can't be good... any issues you've seen because of it? have you had any updates lately?

also, they spelled mismatched wrong.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha, yeah they did, I didn't notice the spelling!

No problems really, I dismissed the message and turned off the car. This happened a couple weeks ago. I get the usual slow behavior with the system starting up and bringing up the backup camera, and the other day the infotainment system black-screened on me on startup. But I wouldn't say there are any unusual glitches that didn't happen before that error message.

·
Registered
605 Posts
That's an unusual message. First the idea of the "CPU Software version". The car will have many microcontrollers and a ARM or x86 main CPU which is surely the Infotainment computer. So they're probably referring here to the Infotainment software rev. Second, the "OP Software version". What is OP? Probably an acroynm, the only other I know of that begins with 'O' is OBC - On Board Charger. 'P' might be 'Processor' (like CPU), so maybe 'Offline Processor'? Nah ....

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
jostafew did mention a recent update before getting that error. Perhaps it's an extra reminder that another component (either the CPU or OP software) needs to also be upgraded in tandem with whatever the dealer updated on OP's car.

It could also be a trip wire for mutual authentication and verification of software components. Perhaps either the CPU or OP software has been corrupted thus failing authentication and verification checks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.