1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are 57 new Bolts listed at Chevrolet dealers in the Denver area on cars.com.

Can’t understand why you don’t buy one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There are 57 new Bolts listed at Chevrolet dealers in the Denver area on cars.com.

As someone from CO that is having a **** of a time trying to buy one...it's because they don't want to sell them for what I would call a good deal. For example...in Florida, you can get a 2017 LT with Comfort and Drivers and DCFC for just over $30K. That same vehicle here in CO is closer to $36K. These are before any tax credits. I contacted the dealer in Florida to see how much they would charge to ship it to me. In this day and age, I just don't understand dealerships and their lack of customer service.

·
Registered
178 Posts

My comment isn't based on lack of supply. Dealers in the area don't appear all that willing to sell them. However, when I was looking to buy, I learned that just because they're listed on Cars.com doesn't mean they actually have them in stock. I called several dealers who informed me that the vehicles had not yet arrived.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV Ioniq 5 reservation
1,719 Posts
The Bolt is a great car and I'd love to own one. Tragically it appears dealers aren't too interested in selling any.
As of last count, no WV Chevy dealers are selling/servicing the Bolt. I had to buy in MD and “smuggle it” into WV. Others have done the same. You should be able to do the same. The only downside was the lack of negotiating power (and the 350 mile drive home through EVSE wasteland)!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As someone from CO that is having a **** of a time trying to buy one...it's because they don't want to sell them for what I would call a good deal. For example...in Florida, you can get a 2017 LT with Comfort and Drivers and DCFC for just over $30K. That same vehicle here in CO is closer to $36K. These are before any tax credits. I contacted the dealer in Florida to see how much they would charge to ship it to me. In this day and age, I just don't understand dealerships and their lack of customer service.
I guess the CO dealers would say you’re not willing to buy one for what they would call a good deal.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I guess the CO dealers would say you’re not willing to buy one for what they would call a good deal.
They haven't been all that interested in even discussing a deal. One dealer I visited, where I spent about two hours, promised to call me when they received their 2018 models. As of this very moment I haven't heard back from them. Another merely said they'd place me on their call back list to call me when they received stock. Neither was all that interested in even discussing a possible sale. The one dealer I was able to discuss a sale with didn't seem all that interested in actually making a sale. It came down to a difference of $600. They didn't even offer to split the difference.

I'm flabbergasted at the lack of interested CO dealers have in wanting to sell this car.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They haven't been all that interested in even discussing a deal. One dealer I visited, where I spent about two hours, promised to call me when they received their 2018 models. As of this very moment I haven't heard back from them. Another merely said they'd place me on their call back list to call me when they received stock. Neither was all that interested in even discussing a possible sale. The one dealer I was able to discuss a sale with didn't seem all that interested in actually making a sale. It came down to a difference of $600. They didn't even offer to split the difference.

I'm flabbergasted at the lack of interested CO dealers have in wanting to sell this car.
It sounds like Bolts are in short supply in CO, and demand is strong. Dealers are pretty good at judging what price the market will bear for a particular model, and they don’t make any money on cars that sit on the lot unsold.

I was in the market for a Subaru last year, and the difference between what I was willing to pay and what the dealer was willing to take was around $500. We couldn’t agree on a final price so I didn’t buy a Subaru. I don’t blame the dealer, they simply had a bottom line price that was higher than mine.

It may be that all of the Chevy dealers in CO don’t know how to sell Bolts, or it may be that they don’t need to offer large discounts to sell them. I suspect the latter. Dealerships that aren’t willing to deal on inventory that isn’t moving don’t last very long.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It sounds like Bolts are in short supply in CO, and demand is strong. Dealers are pretty good at judging what price the market will bear for a particular model, and they don’t make any money on cars that sit on the lot unsold.

I was in the market for a Subaru last year, and the difference between what I was willing to pay and what the dealer was willing to take was around $500. We couldn’t agree on a final price so I didn’t buy a Subaru. I don’t blame the dealer, they simply had a bottom line price that was higher than mine.

It may be that all of the Chevy dealers in CO don’t know how to sell Bolts, or it may be that they don’t need to offer large discounts to sell them. I suspect the latter. Dealerships that aren’t willing to deal on inventory that isn’t moving don’t last very long.
Meanwhile two of the vehicles I was considering are still sitting on the lot, one of which is now marked below the price I offered (first one below):

http://www.edbozarthparkmeadow.com/...lt_EV-4d_Hatchback_LT-Lone_Tree-CO/3133208523

http://www.edbozarthparkmeadow.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-Bolt_EV-LT-Aurora-CO/3130443173

They're stripper models with the first one lacking any kind of options (it's the one I test drove).

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Meanwhile two of the vehicles I was considering are still sitting on the lot, one of which is now marked below the price I offered (first one below):

http://www.edbozarthparkmeadow.com/...lt_EV-4d_Hatchback_LT-Lone_Tree-CO/3133208523

http://www.edbozarthparkmeadow.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-Bolt_EV-LT-Aurora-CO/3130443173

They're stripper models with the first one lacking any kind of options (it's the one I test drove).
If the price on the dealer website is accurate, the first Bolt is selling for a little over $30k, which seems like an incredible deal. I thought the issue was dealers won’t deal, I’d sure consider an $8k discount a deal. What did you originally offer? Is 20% off sticker not good enough?

·
Registered
178 Posts
If the price on the dealer website is accurate, the first Bolt is selling for a little over $30k, which seems like an incredible deal. I thought the issue was dealers won’t deal, I’d sure consider an $8k discount a deal. What did you originally offer?
I didn't really deal on this one because my offer of $32K + tax (no D&H) was rejected by the dealer immediately so I ended up working a deal on a different model.

As for it being an incredible deal well, that's debatable. It's a stripper model. It has zero, and I mean zero, options. It's as basic as you can get. IMO $32K was being generous.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Meanwhile two of the vehicles I was considering are still sitting on the lot, ...

Uhggh, don't get me started on Chevy dealers and EV's.
Ed Bozo has a dealership here in Las Vegas. Bozo's Yelp reviews are, shall we say 'less than stellar". And many of these reviewers are Pickup truck owners, which is about the only thing other than Corvettes this joke of a dealership is remotely familiar with. My experience with them and the Bolt is exponentially worse. I set an appointment to see one of the two Bolts they said they had, and when I arrived (a 40 minute drive), they tried to sell me something else as they really only had one Bolt, and it was sold.

I kid you not, this was EXACTLY my experience with these jokers:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@;
I didn't really deal on this one because my offer of $32K + tax (no D&H) was rejected by the dealer immediately so I ended up working a deal on a different model.

As for it being an incredible deal well, that's debatable. It's a stripper model. It has zero, and I mean zero, options. It's as basic as you can get. IMO $32K was being generous.
I guess you and I have different definitions of “not willing to deal”.

The dealership is knocking 20% off the MSRP. I think many on this forum would see that as a good deal, even on a leftover 2017 base model.

Im glad you got a deal you like, good luck with your new Bolt.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Uhggh, don't get me started on Chevy dealers and EV's.
Ed Bozo has a dealership here in Las Vegas. Bozo's Yelp reviews are, shall we say 'less than stellar". And many of these reviewers are Pickup truck owners, which is about the only thing other than Corvettes this joke of a dealership is remotely familiar with. My experience with them and the Bolt is exponentially worse. I set an appointment to see one of the two Bolts they said they had, and when I arrived (a 40 minute drive), they tried to sell me something else as they really only had one Bolt, and it was sold.

I kid you not, this was EXACTLY my experience with these jokers:
Unfortunately I had to go where the inventory, if you want to call it that, was. I called John Elway and Len Lyall and neither had any inventory (2017 or 2018) in stock (despite having them advertised as much). EB, being the largest, had some 2017 models (two of which I linked above) and so that's where I went.

It's ironic you post that video as it seems that the car buying experience at Chevy dealers hasn't changed much since the 80's. I buy cars on a regular basis and my experience with buying a Bolt took me back decades.

·
Registered
178 Posts
@;

I guess you and I have different definitions of “not willing to deal”.

The dealership is knocking 20% off the MSRP. I think many on this forum would see that as a good deal, even on a leftover 2017 base model.

Im glad you got a deal you like, good luck with your new Bolt.
I never bought one because we were never able to come to an agreement on price. Actually we did come to an agreement on price but we could not come to an agreement on the D&H. Ironically the price they're now asking is less than the price I offered.

But my comment about not wanting to sell isn't based on price. It's a complete lack of interest in even trying to start the negotiating process. I went to one dealer who said they would call me when they had inventory (I wanted to see a Premier). So far I have not heard from them. Another, John Elway, was only willing to take my name and number and said they'd give me a call when they had stock.

I can understand a dealer being unwilling to sell at less than their cost (because every sale, I'm told, is below their cost yet they remain in business) but the incidents I'm referring to didn't even approach price discussions. They just flat out seemed uninterested in selling Bolts. Maybe that's how they are with their other models so perhaps it's not a Bolt thing.

To date I have received zero, none, nada, zip, zilch, call backs from either dealership to even inquiring if I was still interested. A this rate I could have a Model 3 in my driveway before a Bolt.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I never bought one because we were never able to come to an agreement on price. Actually we did come to an agreement on price but we could not come to an agreement on the D&H. Ironically the price they're now asking is less than the price I offered.

But my comment about not wanting to sell isn't based on price. It's a complete lack of interest in even trying to start the negotiating process. I went to one dealer who said they would call me when they had inventory (I wanted to see a Premier). So far I have not heard from them. Another, John Elway, was only willing to take my name and number and said they'd give me a call when they had stock.

I can understand a dealer being unwilling to sell at less than their cost (because every sale, I'm told, is below their cost yet they remain in business) but the incidents I'm referring to didn't even approach price discussions. They just flat out seemed uninterested in selling Bolts. Maybe that's how they are with their other models so perhaps it's not a Bolt thing.

To date I have received zero, none, nada, zip, zilch, call backs from either dealership to even inquiring if I was still interested. A this rate I could have a Model 3 in my driveway before a Bolt.
You’ll love the Tesla Model 3 buying experience, zero haggling, just agree to pay full MSRP, put down $1k, and wait two years. Simple.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You’ll love the Tesla Model 3 buying experience, zero haggling, just agree to pay full MSRP, put down $1k, and wait two years. Simple.
At least I'd get one before I'd be able to get a Bolt. :)

Not sure why you're so willing to defend the dealership on the poor buying experience. You've heard two people from the area say buying a Bolt is an exercise in frustration. Yet we're to blame?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.