Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Windshield cracked on my 3 week old EUV.
馃檨
I don't see any impact spots on the windshield. The crack is from the bottom of the windshield and up to the middle. Is this a defect or just take it up to my insurance?
Water Daytime Cloud World Hood

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Windscreen wiper Air travel

Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
I would pursue warranty first since it doesn't look like a chip or impact. I prefer to not have things on my insurance docket

Registered
2022 EV 2LT Black
Where do you live? I cracked my windshield being dumb. I had just spent the early afternoon washing and waxing the car and the windshield had been in full sun for a while. I started an after wax wash and sprayed it with water and it cracked instantly.

Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
This actually looks a lot like all the cracked windshields on the Subaru Outback. Starts on the bottom where the wipers are and goes up. Subaru replaced a lot under warranty.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This actually looks a lot like all the cracked windshields on the Subaru Outback. Starts on the bottom where the wipers are and goes up. Subaru replaced a lot under warranty.
That's EXACTLY how it looks!! Took it to the dealer and they said warranty doesn't cover, whether there's an impact or stress. Any other recommendations? I took it to Chevy concerige and they said the dealer determines whether it would be covered. Yep, the price is over $1k at the dealer and Safelite at $845.

Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
That's EXACTLY how it looks!! Took it to the dealer and they said warranty doesn't cover, whether there's an impact or stress. Any other recommendations? I took it to Chevy concerige and they said the dealer determines whether it would be covered. Yep, the price is over $1k at the dealer and Safelite at $845.
Try another dealer?

Reactions: darnoc23

Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
I would pursue that further up the chain....if there is honestly no impact then that is a manufacturing defect in either the windshield or the assembly of the car.
Some low level clerk at the dealership is trained to just say no but keep moving upward and you will find someone who doesn't want the negative publicity impact to the dealership and will likely help you out.

Registered
2022 Bolt 2LT ice blue metallic; 2011 Chevy Volt premier diamond white;
I alway add on $0 deductible glass on my insurance for just this reason, the cost in generally very low. it probably saved me hundreds over the years.

Registered
A scratch?

A crack in a modern windshield isn't a terrible thing usually. Bad if it goes across lane camera or in front of driver. I'd live with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts