Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
We've had a new Bolt on order, and have planned for some time to have it trucked from our dealer to our city. We've also been watching the trials and tribulations of Bro1999, both here and on his Blogger site, and other members who have lived in "NeverNever Land" while trying to track the progress of their vehicle inbound to the dealership. At specific issue is the fact that there are literally hundreds of Bolts sitting at the railway depot in Mira Loma, awaiting truck transport to the dealerships that have ordered the cars. Our car had been at Mira Loma since December 26, 2016.

For your entertainment and amazement, please see the e-mail trail below as our dealer made an attempt to track our Bolt from Mira Loma truckers to their So. Cal. dealership. I've done a little redacting, just for some privacy. Amazing! Who says government has a stranglehold on bureaucracy?!

Our Chevy Dealer:12:09:10 PM
Hello
may please get shipping status on vin 1G1FX------------
Connection established.
Thank you for your patience. We are currently assisting other dealers. You will be connected to the next available agent.
Welcome to DBC.
You have been connected to an agent.
Welcome to Chat. You can chat and send pages.
Andrew:12:09:24 PM
Hello, thank you for contacting DBC-Presales. My name is Andrew. Please allow me a few moments to review your inquiry.
Andrew:12:10:45 PM
That unit as of 12/26 is bayed at the VDC in Mira Loma, CA. Once they are able to process the unit into a load for shipment it's next transit will be for delivery to your dealership. I do not have an ETA listed for the unit in my system.
Our Chevy Dealer:12:12:10 PM
is it possible to contact transporter for ETA?
Andrew:12:13:49 PM
I can contact the carrier for you on that unit. It will just be a few minutes while I call them.
Our Chevy Dealer:12:14:15 PM
ok thank you
Andrew:12:22:21 PM
I apologize for the wait, we currently do not show contact information for the carrier at Mira Loma. I've been trying to find that information so that I can contact them.
Our Chevy Dealer:12:23:49 PM
I can hold a few more mins if you need a bit more time
Andrew:12:25:53 PM
I've contacted my liaison on the issue and they stated they are looking to get that contact information for us but it may take more than a few minutes to find it. So what I'll do is get a case set up for this for you and once they are able to get that contact information I'll go ahead and call the carrier for an ETA. Then I can email you with an update on what the carrier was able to provide. Would that be okay?
Our Chevy Dealer:12:27:09 PM
yes please
Andrew:12:28:58 PM
Okay, the SR# for the case will be 8-26389----. Once I am able to contact the carrier and get an update for you I'll send you an email from that case. We should have the information before the end of the day but just in case we do not I'll make sure to send you an update by tomorrow with the status of the case.
Our Chevy Dealer: Thank you

For those of you familiar with shipper speak, in my view the above can be accurately interpreted as (these are all my fantasy words):

Chevy Dealer: "Where's my frigging car?"
Shipper: "How the **** should I know? I'm really busy."
Chevy Dealer: "I want it. The car has been sold. The customer wants the car."
Shipper: "Screw the customer, and screw you too. I don't know were the **** car is, and may not know for a while!"

Well, the truth is the car showed up at our So. Cal. dealership about 6 hours after the above e-mail exchange.

So, I find it amazing that GM could be producing what may be a milestone electric car, what may in fact be the next Car of the Year, a technological marvel, and have such a flimsy, broken-down system of tracking the vehicles through the shipping stream.

May the rest of you have equally good luck with getting your cars to your dealers on time. Ours is loading out tomorrow! Unless I write back about our overland trucker, and their problems....yikes! AlohaBolt:confused:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Lol your translation sounds pretty good to me, but that's great that it showed up just after 6 hours of the exchange ! Can't wait till you get it and give us the big news. For some reason I get super stoked when people are so close to deliveries :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's pretty spot on translation. :D You'd think dealerships would have a better communication process regarding the shipping of their livelihood... With how much attention the Bolt is garnering and how popular it is, you'd think GM would want to have them shipped in a timely manner so people won't look elsewhere.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Better than I get

My rep has been responding to my texts, but think he really has no clue as to where my Bolt is located. Told me it is in Ohio with ETA 1/10. Said he is checking daily, but only get a response from him if I text him to remind him that I am INTERESTED in getting my car that I have already paid in full for....Should have shipped on 12/12 per GM. May be one of those hundreds on the lot in Mira Loma. Or may get to Mira Loma on the 10th and sit there for another week or so. Love that exchange above with GM...sounds about right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, our dealer gets most all of their inventory from the Mira Loma train yard. He says (knowing the loading and truck transit times from Mira Loma) that our car must have been in the loading process, or already loaded on the truck, at the time the above e-mail exchange took place.

You'd think the car company would really want to know where these car are every step of the way, sort of like how trucking companies know where their trucks are in real time. GM, if you are listening, think about a better system to track your new vehicles in transit from the factories to dealerships. Your customers would appreciate better 'factory to dealership accountability' for the whereabouts of these cars!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Can this be moved out of the 'new member introductions' area? Thx.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine finally got to Mira Loma around the 10th, and got to Rydell by 13th. Now waiting for shipper to be assigned. Backlog at Mira Loma may have been due to holiday weekends back to back...maybe better now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts