Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We have a bit over 200 miles on our new Bolt. I drove it home the 80 miles from the dealership, and loved every minute. However, we now notice an annoying problem which I swear I didn't notice on the way home. We mostly drive in cruise control, and always at the speed limit. Yeah, we are boring. This thing has the best cruise control of any car I have ever driven, It doesn't vary by more than plus or minus 1 mph up, and down steep hills. But going downhill, it often dings an annoying chime, and puts a message on the dash saying we are speeding. You have to push the check mark button on the right side of the wheel to delete the message,,,bad enough...but the chime is driving us nuts. I called GM tech assistance, and they were very nice, but said this is not something I can shut off. They suggested we take it to a dealer to check it out. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Thanks, and sorry to make my first post a complaint. I really do love this thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Gjetson;
I am a future, not current Bolt owner. However this has been addressed elsewhere in this forum. I just cannot find it yet. When going downhill in cruise the car uses regenerative braking to slow down. If the state of charge is too high (battery is full) regenerative braking is unavailable. Hence overspeed and alarm. Try to limit charge with hill top reserve so the battery only charges to 90% or do not use cruise until the battery is a bit depleted. Should solve this problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
See page 114 of the owner's manual
https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2017/Chevrolet/BOLT EV/Owner's Manual.pdf#page=114

"Speed Warning : The speed
warning display allows the driver to
set a speed that they do not want to
exceed. To set the speed warning,
press V when Speed Warning is
displayed. Press up or down to adjust
the value. Press V to set the speed.
Once set, this feature can be turned
off by pressing V while viewing this
page. If the selected speed limit is
exceeded, a pop-up warning is
displayed and a chime may sound."