Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy to see GM finally pushing Bolt sales.

But very frustrated my 19 lease was 1000 more down and is 100 more a month.

I know the EV car business is still taking shape and early adapters have to pay more but this is tough for me to swallow.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
201 Posts
The market trend is annoying. My 2017 Premier that I bought in October would’ve been about $5k cheaper had I waited six months.

And thinking about moving to a Tesla is crazy, too. They’re constantly messing with their pricing, switching up features and such. The market is just changing so fast.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
early adapters have to pay more but this is tough for me to swallow.
The market trend is annoying. My 2017 Premier that I bought in October would’ve been about $5k cheaper had I waited six months.
For true, but it is what it is when it is.

OTOH, I had friends screw themselves out of cars they really wanted by trying to time the market. The most recent was a Volt. He had an early model, wanted the later model but kept seeing better deals until one day there were no more Volts.

jack vines

·
Registered
183 Posts
Happy to see GM finally pushing Bolt sales.
You mean by advertising more, or the deals being offered. If you're saying it's the latter ... I'm not seeing that. It's still the same $8500 discount, and then the dealer discount on top of that ...$0 to $4000 for a Bolt LT, and maybe upwards of $6,000 for a Premier. I'm seeing a maximum of $12,500 off on an LT. Yes ... there are bigger discounts being advertised, but they're not real. And while those numbers might sound really good (and they're "OK"), I think the deals were actually better in Q1. I know GM bumped my "Points" up $1,000 in Q1 (never seen that happen in 25 years with my "Points" as high as they were ... maxed out!), but the dealers knew about the "Points" bump and they reduced their discounts by $1,000 ... so it was a wash. I will say, however, that I didn't make any actual offers to buy, so who knows what could've been hammered out for an OTD price...

But very frustrated my 19 lease was 1000 more down and is 100 more a month.
You mean the lease deals on the 2020's went up? Your lease deal didn't change, right? I've never leased before, but those terms are fixed, right? They're not doing variable-term leases now, are they?

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
201 Posts
For true, but it is what it is when it is.

OTOH, I had friends screw themselves out of cars they really wanted by trying to time the market. The most recent was a Volt. He had an early model, wanted the later model but kept seeing better deals until one day there were no more Volts.

jack vines
Ouch, that sucks. I never drove one but I hear the Volt was a great car. Didn’t fit my lifestyle cause the backseat wasn’t great for car seats, but still.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts