Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I'll hold off judgement on the cyber shape until I see solid numbers but I don't think it would take much to be the best aero of all the pickups. Half your battle is the tail.. and that half doesn't look too bad.
Agreed. Another big help in the aero department is reduced cooling need, and therefore smaller grill opening. A huge source of drag on an ICE is cooling due to 70% of the energy being wasted heat.

Cd describes the efficiency of the shape, but frontal area is the other half of the drag equation. Do we know how much frontal area this will have compared to typical trucks yet?

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. I agree that the H2 on are unattractive... but people seemed to like them more than an extreme boat-tail vehicle.

Part of my rant about how awful the current fad of huge faux grills is to point out that radiators are designed to waste heat due to the inefficiency of ICE operation, and to exaggerate inefficiency is backwards thinking. I expect the minimal Tesla grill will become the new fad, as the huge exaggerated grills have been popular for quite a long time now.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I don't think there is any way to score a win on frontal area with these like you can with a car. Hopefully the lack of frame rails helps tuck the bottom up a bit. But then you have the battery...

I watched a YT vid last night where they discuss towing and how its going to suck with EV trucks. I did not disagree. But then, most of the miles put on these things is just going to the office and costco anyways so I don't really see a problem with the suck that its going to be. The kind of people who tow any kind of decent distance have to have a tow pig. And they already know it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
There's also the terrible aero of the belly. For an EV, they can be quite sleek. Not so with differentials, axles, mufflers and such. This is another reason why the Cybertruck has twice the clearance of the current crop of Princess Wagons.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts