Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

I just had a frightening experience in my 2020 Bolt Premier with the Chevy premium all-weather floor mats installed - I needed to accelerate quickly and mashed the accelerator to the floor, and the bottom lip of the pedal got wedged behind the floor mat and wouldn't release. The car continued accelerating while I scrambled to figure out what to do, and eventually kicked it free. Once we came safely to a stop I turned the car off and was able to reproduce the issue again.

I do believe I have the driver's side mat installed correctly (snapped onto the OEM plastic posts so it can't shift around), but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this, or perhaps this is a known defect? This is clearly a major safety hazard and I intend to notify my dealer when I head in for service this weekend, but I'll likely cut out a small notch from the mat in the meantime so this can't ever happen again.

Consider me rattled.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,815 Posts
Hi all-

I just had a frightening experience in my 2020 Bolt Premier with the Chevy premium all-weather floor mats installed - I needed to accelerate quickly and mashed the accelerator to the floor, and the bottom lip of the pedal got wedged behind the floor mat and wouldn't release. The car continued accelerating while I scrambled to figure out what to do, and eventually kicked it free. Once we came safely to a stop I turned the car off and was able to reproduce the issue again.

I do believe I have the driver's side mat installed correctly (snapped onto the OEM plastic posts so it can't shift around), but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this, or perhaps this is a known defect? This is clearly a major safety hazard and I intend to notify my dealer when I head in for service this weekend, but I'll likely cut out a small notch from the mat in the meantime so this can't ever happen again.

Consider me rattled.
I feel like someone else mentioned a similar experience. They shared photos of their mats installed, and it appeared higher than other photos shared by another owner with the same mats. Did you remove the carpeted mats before installing the all weather mats?

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
231 Posts
I see some trimming in your future.

reminds me of the early Toyota Prius's But that was with the factory mats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts