Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Manufacturers don't really like fixing things unless it could lead to, or has led to a car accident. Just wear polarized glasses and see the rainbow! Or dash covers work too...but you'd be missing out on the rainbows.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Manufacturers don't really like fixing things unless it could lead to, or has led to a car accident. Just wear polarized glasses and see the rainbow! Or dash covers work too...but you'd be missing out on the rainbows.
But the rainbows occur on the screen too. Trying use maps and it gets annoying.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yeah, polarizing sunglasses are the way to go. The angle of the windshield is usually just about exactly right to catch the maximum polarization of the reflection which the sunglasses can then almost completely eliminate. I use them all the time in sunny weather for that reason, and also to eliminate most of the glare from sunlight reflecting off asphalt.
My Bolt came in last week. I have the light ash gray dash. Live in the southwest and thought I was going to have an issue. Haven't once been blinded as reported with this trim. But I did buy a $15 pair of polarized sunglasses. They do make a big difference. For grins, in conditions where I suspect I would have a reflection, I've lifted my sunglasses up and do see a reflection. This confirms to me that the sunglasses make a big difference. Can read the displays in the car just fine with the sunglasses. Bottom line, I don't regret going with this trim selection.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
For grins, in conditions where I suspect I would have a reflection, I've lifted my sunglasses up and do see a reflection. This confirms to me that the sunglasses make a big difference. Can read the displays in the car just fine with the sunglasses. Bottom line, I don't regret going with this trim selection.
Yeah, the mitigating factor is that the times when you get the worst reflections are those when you're most likely to want to wear the sunglasses anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this issue with the Bolt when it was brand new and I drove it home after the dealer had Armor-All'd the dash. I cleaned it off and sprayed it with 303 protectant and it's better, but even with the matte black dash, I still have glare issues when the sun hits the dash the right way, terrible design.

My Spark EV had the same problem.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Anyone have instructions on how to remove the dash?
I can't help you, but wanted to throw out there that the service manuals can be bought for 2 years of Bolt and the dash removal may not have changed much between the years. But, there are providers that let you buy access into the service manuals by time or sections so you don't have to buy the whole thing. Just a thought. Might I ask what project you're working on, or you looking to hide a body?

101 - 107 of 107 Posts