Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chevy Bolt Forum,

Does anyone have any recommendations on what is the most compatible dash cam for the Chevy Bolt especially utilizing the existing forward and rear backup cameras, maintaining existing functionality?

Thank You

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think you can tap into the car's own cameras. I bought this one:
and had it professionally installed. Not the cheapest, but the install is pretty seamless and it has been working fine.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
This topic has been beat to death elsewhere. Before starting a new thread, please search the forum for an existing one, that probably answers your question.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a good 3 channel dash cash that just came out on the market if anyone is
interested for their Bolt.

Thank You to all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All,

I plan to install a dashcam into my vehicle including the module to control the parking mode for up to 12 hrs. Recently I accidentally left my hazard lights on and concerned if this drained the battery then a dash cam could possibly also drain the 12v battery?

Thank You

V/R

·
Registered
138 Posts
Save your cash, get a cheap one. They honestly suck though and are theft targets.

Get a comma.ai – Introducing openpilot You'll get Tesla like self driving (they're working on Volt + Bolt support now) and a dash cam feature. Only $999
Interesting. Do you know where I can find more info on where they are with the Bolt?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is an unsupported version for the Bolt. Join Discord and add jshuler. For an addition $200 he can get the comma 2 to work with all supported features. The $200 is to modify the original harness. I am planning to get one set up next month.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting. Do you know where I can find more info on where they are with the Bolt?
@jshuler is developing the necessary code and parts for it, is a work in progress and taking A LOT of effort from him, but... He's got a Patreon site if you want to help support it...
A Shop site to place a pre-order/order for the parts to do it...
And there is a 'gm' channel on the comma.ai discord for it

But, and I can't stress this enough... Please be patient! This is one guy, working at home, figuring out what needs to be done, writing the code for it, buying the parts for it, soldering it on a kitchen table, crimping itty bitty connectors, etc... He's workign as fast as he can, if you are not willing to be patient, then wait until he's FULLY done. As for me, I've already support him through Patreon and have placed an order for a full system from him. When it arrives I look forward to working with him on it and do not expect a fully polished perfection from the start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts