Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have about two years use on my 2017 and have been swearing at the same rattle described above... the exact same &*^% rattle! Hot/cold weather affects it ("off" when it's hot, "on" when it's cool); it seems to move from one end of the dash to the other; it only happens when the car is going down a 2%-3% grade hill with a very certain degree of roughness to the road. Well, infrequently it occurs at other vehicle attitudes, other rough roads but I can't detect a pattern. Annoying, indeed. (Uh huh; rattles make me crazy!)

This afternoon it occurred to me the source might be ventilation ducting; I'll experiment with "loading" the ducts by changing airflow. I'll also check the ideas above which I've not yet tried during my frantic, two-year hunt. Thanks to each of you.

Dealer says he's checked the tech bulletins (6/5/2019) and found nothing similar to what I reported.

Love, love, love the car (second plug in). I've had all sorts of cars over the years, German, Italian, high-end U.S. and, all things considered, this might be the best car ever (really!). Good ride, no smog, no maintenance and $0.02/mile to drive. But then there's that dang rattle...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can't blame anyone avoiding not wanting to go to the dealer for something like a rattle they really don't give a flying fvck unlike other car brands I've owned. I went to what is supposedly the #1 Chevy dealer in the world (whatever that means) and the kept the **** thing overnight to work on it and when I got it back I looked at the dash cam footage and the a$$holes only took it around the block real quick and reported not hearing anything. This was when my car barely had 500 miles on it. Little things like this is why I've been avoiding American cars like a plague for the last decade. But I'll suck it up I guess until the EV choices get better in my anti EV state

·
Registered
471 Posts
My 2017 has a dash buzz. It’s probably been there for a year. Wife Noticed it.

Even if it-was in warranty, I wouldn’t let any dealer touch it for fear of breaking and damaging something else. It’s just not worth my hassle and most of the time I don’t even notice it.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
My 2017 has a dash buzz. It’s probably been there for a year. Wife Noticed it.

Even if it-was in warranty, I wouldn’t let any dealer touch it for fear of breaking and damaging something else. It’s just not worth my hassle and most of the time I don’t even notice it.
Yup. When I took delivery of my 2017, I did the requisite walk around and noted a very small dent in a chrome trim piece. The sales guy offered to have it replaced, but I declined. When I told him my reason (I didn't want even more damage done to the car with the "repair"), he smiled and nodded, in agreement. I did insist that the delivery prep group be informed, though, and he assured me that they would be.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts