Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I order my dash cover from this company in So-Cal, a couple of weeks ago, this was the first time they make one for a Bolt so they had to make sure it was a perfect fit before they delivered to me, I got it on Friday and it fits perfect, looks awesome and keeps the dash cooler and minimized the glare as well.

now they have the pattern for the Bolt so give them a a call...
;););)
http://dashcare.com/c-everything.html

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
How about some pictures of it installed in your Bolt?

Hard to purchase a product without photos......

·
Registered
508 Posts
I order my dash cover from this company in So-Cal, a couple of weeks ago, this was the first time they make one for a Bolt so they had to make sure it was a perfect fit before they delivered to me, I got it on Friday and it fits perfect, looks awesome and keeps the dash cooler and minimized the glare as well.

now they have the pattern for the Bolt so give them a a call...
;););)
http://dashcare.com/c-everything.html
I installed mine about a week ago, see the Design Fail thread. Bought it from DashCare in SoCal. Fits well and I get zero reflection ( I chose black for the color with the philosophy Go big or Go home. Not as nice looking as the original dash, but safe and practical and less hokey than my black art paper cutout. Photo below.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Not a bad look although I wish it was in a grey of a similar tone to the dash, at least then it would look more "OEM" if you know what I mean. But of course its still better than no cover at all.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Not a bad look although I wish it was in a grey of a similar tone to the dash, at least then it would look more "OEM" if you know what I mean.
But the whole point is to eliminate reflections. You do that with a black surface that doesn't reflect light. If you go for a lighter colour then you're just going to see it reflected in the windshield.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Maybe a grey dash cover would work, I think why the factory dash is so reflective is because of the material combined with the color.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks for sharing guys

I think I am going to order one in the "DashTech" material and Graphite 62 color: http://dashcare.com/p-3298-custom-dashboard-covers.html. I'll post back how it goes.

I'm not a fan of the carpet look of dashboard covers
I agree about carpet look. I ordered the black velour Item: Dash Cover - Chevrolet Bolt2017 (23832527 - *07-166)
Choose Material & Color: 30, Velour, Black
It does look a little like carpet. There is a 3M vinyl product that some people use, but on Youtube it didn't look like something an amateur could do and get a good result. A dark gray will probably work. Ash gray in my Bolt, not so much. Good luck.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mine doesn't fit so well. I followed the directions and lined it up with the defrost vents. It's too wide and the cut out for the light sensor isn't as uniformly rectangular as the OP's. Also if I center it then there's too much leftover on the right. If I bunch it up to get the overall length to fit, the sensor hole will be misaligned.

Also there's too much depth so it overhangs at the front edge. The Velcro strips don't even touch the dash.

I'm hoping there's some way to make this fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mine doesn't fit so well. I followed the directions and lined it up with the defrost vents. It's too wide and the cut out for the light sensor isn't as uniformly rectangular as the OP's. Also if I center it then there's too much leftover on the right. If I bunch it up to get the overall length to fit, the sensor hole will be misaligned.

Also there's too much depth so it overhangs at the front edge. The Velcro strips don't even touch the dash.

I used the double sided tape to lock it down around the vents and the light sensor. It is not perfect, but functional. I had to push it forward into the gap between the windshield and the dash. It is a great improvement in reducing the reflections that I got from the ash gray dash installed. I think they should have supplied more of the special tape used to hold it down.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I used the double sided tape to lock it down around the vents and the light sensor. It is not perfect, but functional. I had to push it forward into the gap between the windshield and the dash. It is a great improvement in reducing the reflections that I got from the ash gray dash installed. I think they should have supplied more of the special tape used to hold it down.
I just wished mine is as nice as yours. My rectangular cutout for the auto headlights is trapazoidal in shape:
Untitled by tk_1971, on Flickr

The cover does greatly reduce the glare though...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If it's too long and you don't really care how the cover edges look, may you can trim down the side that's a bit too long and use double sided tape for the vents.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
But if you trim down the edges you may get fraying and that'll look real cruddy real quickly!!

That would bother the heck out of me.. why trapezoidal... Is anyone afraid that the double-sided tape is going to be a PITA to take off after?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Why are you even considering keeping it when it clearly is poorly sized and defective?

Just send it back and dispute the charge with your bank if they won't stand by their product. Having that misshapen rug on your dash for the next 3 years is just going to cause endless annoyance.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Why are you even considering keeping it when it clearly is poorly sized and defective?
Agree 100%

I'd give them the chance to make it right by replacing the one they sent you.
You already have the photos... send it to their customer svc. dept.
If sample #2 is so poor... refund time!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've sent DashCare an email. Let's see how they respond...

The reason why I'm considering keeping it anyway is because it really does work in eliminating the glare.

Without dash cover:

With dash cover:

These are not doctored photos. I literally pulled it off and put it back on in one sitting for these pics.

As for the install, I wasn't planning to use the Velcro since I have so much material. I just placed it on the dash and tucked the extra into the nooks/crannies and let the rest just hang.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
^ It does reduce glare TK... but it looks like something you whipped up in your garage in 10min or less.

IMO a commercial product should not look like that.

·
Registered
735 Posts

At that point we're probably better off buying some cheap Persian rug and trimming it to fit, we'd probably have better fit that way :D You think there's a Persian rug out there with a Chevy Bowtie?

·
Registered
334 Posts
At that point we're probably better off buying some cheap Persian rug and trimming it to fit, we'd probably have better fit that way
You think there's a Persian rug out there with a Chevy Bowtie?
Maybe a beach towel?

This post will at least let the next potential buyer know about the quality of this product.

No response yet.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts