Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've sent DashCare an email. Let's see how they respond...

The reason why I'm considering keeping it anyway is because it really does work in eliminating the glare.

Without dash cover:
Untitled by tk_1971, on Flickr

With dash cover:

These are not doctored photos. I literally pulled it off and put it back on in one sitting for these pics.

As for the install, I wasn't planning to use the Velcro since I have so much material. I just placed it on the dash and tucked the extra into the nooks/crannies and let the rest just hang.
While you didn't doctor the photos, your phone did. Look at the dash display.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have a Bolt yet, but I am glad this thread exists. Using the online build page the dark grey dash for the light ash interior looks dark enough at first glance. The picture without the dashcover shown above by tk1971 definitely has too much reflection. When I go to the Chevy Bolt build page, it looks like it has a fairly dark dash under the windshield and only subtley different than the dark interior.

whereas the dark is

However there is definitely more reflection on the lighter dash in the picture. It is amazing that such a small change in color on the top of the dash results in this unacceptable amount glare on the window.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Maybe a beach towel?

This post will at least let the next potential buyer know about the quality of this product.

No response yet.
Maybe a link tot this thread would be of help? To show that there's a large group of Bolt owners who reads reviews on this forum and hopefully push for a resolution.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I posted this some months back. I have a Cajun Red with the Light ash interior. The glare was so bad and I couldn't find a solution that looked nice, so I bit the bullet and had my dealership order the darker dash parts and swap it out. It was expensive (just over $2k) and they had the car for 2 1/2 days. There is only a small area at the door showing the change in color. The attached pic clearly shows how light the Light Ash Grey dash is in comparison to the Charcoal.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
I posted this some months back. I have a Cajun Red with the Light ash interior. The glare was so bad and I couldn't find a solution that looked nice, so I bit the bullet and had my dealership order the darker dash parts and swap it out. It was expensive (just over $2k) and they had the car for 2 1/2 days. There is only a small area at the door showing the change in color. The attached pic clearly shows how light the Light Ash Grey dash is in comparison to the Charcoal.
Hopefully you like the Bolt enough to keep it as a long-term vehicle since that would go a long way in making use of that $2k spent.

Might be time we get a 2018 Bolt wishlist going to note down stuff like this, maybe GM will listen or find another way to remedy it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I certainly had to work with mine to get it to look reasonable. This meant smoothing it out, pushing the front into the dash, windshield joint, and then carefully using the tape to bring the cover down where there is a change in the dash shape, especially around hole for the charging light and the vents. You can't expect to just slide in and have it work perfectly. While it doesn't look totally professional, passengers think it looks ok. It might be one of their other fabrics would work better for you.

I see you got Flickr to produce the BB code for your photo, last time I tried, that capability was missing.
I've sent DashCare an email. Let's see how they respond...

The reason why I'm considering keeping it anyway is because it really does work in eliminating the glare.

Without dash cover:

With dash cover:

These are not doctored photos. I literally pulled it off and put it back on in one sitting for these pics.

As for the install, I wasn't planning to use the Velcro since I have so much material. I just placed it on the dash and tucked the extra into the nooks/crannies and let the rest just hang.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think Chevy caught up with this discussion

https://www.chevymall.com/2017-2019-Bolt-EV-Dashboard-Cover/productinfo/AH746/

and I think I might have to buy one (argh) at 50 North, the sun angle is driving me crazy. It's actually rather hazardous at times, even with polarising sunglasses I find visibility is obscured esp travelling under thick tree shadows, the transition from normal (shade) vision to sun glare is quite disorienting at times. You'd think they could have coated that acre of dash top with something non reflective...

·
Registered
676 Posts
The cover arrived after 15 days.
It's a "creative" fit, with pieces that try to sort of wrap around the right side of the center console, but the showstopper is that there is no hole for the heads-up display warning in front of the driver (Driver Confidence Package).
I've asked for a return/refund.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
4,483 Posts
Coverking has now issued an RMA for refund (return shipping at my cost).

Note that if you have the Driver Confidence Package, these dash covers will disable the heads-up warning.

Pix of the heads-up warning projector and the dash cover:

http://i63.tinypic.com/s5lp4p.jpg

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2mc6a.jpg

OK. Looking for the "heads-up warning projector" description and can't find anything anywhere. Nothing in any of the option packages, and nothing in the owners manual. Is there an "official" name for it? I also don't think I've ever noticed anything projected onto the windshield in over 16 months of driving.

Am I just an idiot? (Don't answer that!):eek:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.