Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey there, I just made a post about this! I am only getting rates of 18-23kw since the swap, never above 23kw regardless of SOC, outside temperate, battery temperature, or charging station. Chevy has not been helpful and says there’s nothing they can do without an error code.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'll try again. What are people getting for charge rates while on DC Fast Charge with a new recall battery?
Thanks
We Have a 21 with a new battery. As I understand it, we should be able to get from 10% to 80% in 1.2 hours (73 minutes) or so on a capable fast charger. From to 50 to 80% it should take 46 minutes or so, assuming the charge does not slow down and it's warm. I understand the car slows the charge rate down above 50% state of charge. (I have yet to fast charge from below 45% on the new battery). The best I can get is 25Kw on fast chargers when we start to top off at 50%. 50 to 80% of the battery is 30% or of a 65Kwhr battery or about 19.5 kilowatt hours. If I'm doing the math correctly that means that at 25 Kw, it should take 46.8 minutes to go from 50 to 80% assuming the charge does not slow down more. But the car and the charger both say it will take more than 2 hours, even if I have the car is set to charge to 80%. Maybe the message from both the car and charger assumes to 100% charge. Next time I'll see if we go from 50 to 80% in 46.8 minutes while looking at the Kw charge on the charger to see is the charge level goes down. Ill let you know.

· Registered
553 Posts
I did a charge last May, and was able to go from 24% to 80% in 42 minutes. I got a peak rate of 54kw out to 53%, then it ramped down linearly. The only difference with the old battery and software was that it stepped down, instead of using a linear ramp. Overall the time is slightly better with the new curve.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts