Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was browsing the Bolt facebook group and noticed these pictures.
First time I see someone De-chroming with vinyl wrap. He also powdercoated his wheels gloss black.
One of the nicest Bolt out there.
This car would look killer with a small drop.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found it in the french Canadian Bolt group. So its most likely in Quebec province.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Did mine with plasti-dip
Whatsa 'matta? Plasti-dip don't stick to the license plates?? :D

Also, if possible; have you tried applying something like Turtle Wax Jet Black Endura-shine Tire Coat on the tires?
Just wondering how some good tire dressing may contrast against a Black Bolt's paint.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
937 Posts
Whatsa 'matta? Plasti-dip don't stick to the license plates?? :D

Also, if possible; have you tried applying something like Turtle Wax Jet Black Endura-shine Tire Coat on the tires?
Just wondering how some good tire dressing may contrast against a Black Bolt's paint.
I haven't, never really cared enough about making the tires shiny. I just do basic washes on the car.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Did mine with plasti-dip
It's hard to tell with glossifier, but did you apply glossifier to your dip? It looks a bit too matte to me. I was considering dechroming but the matte look didn't suite me. I've been meaning to see how it would look with glossifier but the small test of 5 coats black with 3 coats gloss didn't appear shiny to me at all on my bow ties.

If you already did a few layers of glossifier, I may just abandon the dechroming exercise this summer.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
937 Posts
It's hard to tell with glossifier, but did you apply glossifier to your dip? It looks a bit too matte to me. I was considering dechroming but the matte look didn't suite me. I've been meaning to see how it would look with glossifier but the small test of 5 coats black with 3 coats gloss didn't appear shiny to me at all on my bow ties.

If you already did a few layers of glossifier, I may just abandon the dechroming exercise this summer.
I did not use the glossifier, I prefer the matte look as an accent.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just need the black caliper covers and you are done.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Maybe darker window tint too, really murder that Bolt out.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Anyone get glare off the badge on the steering wheel?
I am about to get black nail polish to blacken it out............ unless someone has a better idea?

I wonder if this would work for those with the Light colored dash ?? Matte maybe. That would be a nice cheap fix

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.