Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just got a Premier and I'm wondering what actions need to be taken in order for Onstar to know that the vehicle is no longer in demo mode, for the app to know that the user now owns the vehicle, or any other similar thing.

Is there a checklist of things (other than setting your favorite radio stations) that you need to do when you get your Bolt?

Kind of different from the old days when the dealer handed you the keys and you drove it off the lot.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
281 Posts
I can only speak from my experience but the OnStar activation was handled at the dealership before I took delivery, all features turned on. The only thing I had to do was to call in and provide payment information to continue all of the OnStar features before the trial period ended... I called in but I'm too cheap for all of that so just the basic free functionality thank you!

Edit after posting: I did download the myChevrolet app and register an account so I could do the remote stuff through the phone which required some OnStar account creation. Shouldn't be required for using in-car OnStar features though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My salesman actually walked me through the OnStar activation. I setup the myChevrolet app on my own. I also enabled Keypass in settings and added my phone as a keypass device.

·
Premium Member
2021 chevy bolt premier ev
278 Posts
When i bought my 2021 chevy bolt premier
I contacted OnStar from the dealership parking lot to srt everything up
Everything else including setting radio stations etc you can setup anytime

·
Registered
2021 Nightfall Gray Metallic Bolt Premier
627 Posts
Donahoo Chevy has a person specifically for this.
Made the entire process very easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts