Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new Bolt yesterday. So far I love it. However, my dealer made a mistake and claims they can't fix it. They ordered the vehicle with an optional $535 charging cord. Most of us know that the car comes with a charging cord as standard equipment in the US... apparently not my dealer. When I noticed the error (I saw the $535 option on the window sticker and noticed two charging cords in the rear storage area), I immediately brought it to their attention and assumed it would be easily corrected. NO! They told me they could not change the invoice and have to deliver the car as ordered. My choice... take it or leave it... the manager even had the nerve to suggest that I could sell it on e-bay...

I am going to raise this issue with Chevy and see if I can get some satisfaction... needless to say, I won't be giving my dealer good ratings on any evaluation they send me...

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
I picked up my new Bolt yesterday. So far I love it. However, my dealer made a mistake and claims they can't fix it. They ordered the vehicle with an optional $535 charging cord. Most of us know that the car comes with a charging cord as standard equipment in the US... apparently not my dealer. When I noticed the error (I saw the $535 option on the window sticker and noticed two charging cords in the rear storage area), I immediately brought it to their attention and assumed it would be easily corrected. NO! They told me they could not change the invoice and have to deliver the car as ordered. My choice... take it or leave it... the manager even had the nerve to suggest that I could sell it on e-bay...

I am going to raise this issue with Chevy and see if I can get some satisfaction... needless to say, I won't be giving my dealer good ratings on any evaluation they send me...
I don't understand. Did you drive off with the car, or not? If you took it home you signed the papers and own it. It's too late to "leave it". A reputable dealer would own up to their mistake and eat that second service equipment. A terrible one would tell you to sell it on eBay. Sadly, we all have to look carefully at the paperwork before we sign. :(

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That definitely sucks but you should have left the car there my friend. It would suck because you would have to wait longer, but you have to see if it outweighs paying extra for no reason.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Identical... both were still in the plastic bag... one in the lower storage (near the lug wrench) and the other in the cargo area...

I saw it before I signed... asked the dealer to make the adjustment... and they refused... they said they had to deliver the vehicle exactly as specified on the invoice (window sticker)...

I went through with the purchase because I really think this is a no brainer and Chevy should make it right...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
So I guess calling head office customer service is in order... keep us updated though, interested to see if they'll actually help out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spoke to Chevy customer service earlier this week. They elevated the issue to a supervisor. Strangely, she kept asking me if this was a "complaint" or if I just wanted to get it corrected. I told her I would file a "complaint" if they didn't arrange for me to return the charging cord and get a refund. She said she was going to contact the dealer and get back to me... still waiting for a reply...

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Spoke to Chevy customer service earlier this week. They elevated the issue to a supervisor. Strangely, she kept asking me if this was a "complaint" or if I just wanted to get it corrected. I told her I would file a "complaint" if they didn't arrange for me to return the charging cord and get a refund. She said she was going to contact the dealer and get back to me... still waiting for a reply...
Hopefully they have some pull at the dealership. These things do take some time. I contacted GM customer service years ago and at that time they were pretty effective at getting a resolution. Hang in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts