Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking with my Bolt I'd never have to visit a dealer again. I'd do the rotation, cabin filter, brake fluid, coolants, etc. myself. Or take the Bolt somewhere reasonable to do these simple things.

Today I took it in to dealership (without an appointment, called first though) to have Driver Door Switch error diagnosed. That problem was messing up my retained accessory power, the lights on warning, the seatbelt warning amongst other things. I thought I'd have them just plug in their tool and figure out if they can clear the error or whether it requires a new part.

While the car was still in the service reception bay. Suddenly a bunch of uniformed dealership people were in it and gathered around it. I thought: great !! they'll fix this right in the service reception area ! How novel. Never seen that before.

So I approached them and asked if it's now fixed. Response: oh no, we were figuring out how to get the car into gear so we could move it !

Sigh.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Wow!

Yesterday I got my second round of $25 oil and filter service coupons in the mail from my Bolt dealership....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live near Dallas and have several Chevrolet dealers nearby. Has anyone found a way to determine if one service shop is more qualified or more experienced with the Bolt EV? Perhaps the one that sells the most Bolts? Does GM give a shop rating?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I live near Dallas and have several Chevrolet dealers nearby. Has anyone found a way to determine if one service shop is more qualified or more experienced with the Bolt EV? Perhaps the one that sells the most Bolts? Does GM give a shop rating?
Ask to talk to the EV certified tech. If you get one, ask him how long he's been EV certified and how many EV's he's worked on. BTW, I know two techs who 'think' they are EV certified by default and refuse to understand or grasp that they actually have specialized training that they go through. That's the only advice I can give you and quite frankly it doesn't really answer your question or help determine the suitability of the service center. But, it's what I've seen as a problem in my area. My area doesn't sell a lot of them, which I think is the root of the problem.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I asked a service advisor I'm familiar with how much in advance I should schedule my 1st free service (December 2020) and he said call in November. I thought that was strange since I haven't seen another Bolt,ever, in my area. But I will call a month in advance to be safe. I have 4 dealers to chose from and possibly their Bolt tech may be the best of the 4 options. Who knows but the advisor says he is busy at that time of year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts