Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I got my bolt about 2 weeks ago I've put over 2000 km already the car is amazing it makes me smile every time I drive and I love telling people about it.
But my experience with charging at Chevy dealerships have been very disappointing. I bought my bolt in Toronto at the Royfoss at Younge and Steels I was lucky and only waited 2 and half months I called around and went to other dealerships and they all told me I couldn't get one for at least 8 months "Georgian Barrie and Royfoss Woodridge". I don't mind I got it from the dealership in the same area I grew up in.

The first time I went to charge at Georgian (I live in Innisfill) they had a huge SUV parked right in the spot the sales manager saw me looking and came out right away to move the SUV and turn on the machine I felt like a VIP. Ever since then at that Georgian they have given me a hard time often having the machine off during the day, last time I was there I asked the sales manager if he could turn on the machine he said ok 15 min later still in his office so I just asked the parts department because they also parked there service trucks in both spots. The previous time before that I went about 2 hours before the dealer closed and the machine was off so I asked again to turn on , 30 min later they come back and say sorry we cant find the key.

That's not even the worst experience. I had very limited range coming home from work and decided to get a charge at New Roads Chevy in Newmarket. I get there its off of course and when I go in to ask them to turn it on they ask me for ownership and licence I was like really for what ? They said for insurance liabilities. I had the car parked at the charger but they said I needed to go to the front garage and hand it in to them and also get a work order ...... I was blown away all that work for a simple charge ? I know I look young but no excuse to treat me like a criminal aren't us bolt owners rare and exclusive ? And I also feel like if you didn't buy your Chevy from them they don't want you there. After that I tried other options like IKEA for public charging. Wow the machines are always on and free you just tap the kiosk first and that's all so much for insurance liabilities.

Just installed my juice box last night amazing! I'm never going to a Chevy dealership again and will for sure tell all my friends and share my experience on social media.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome Mike.

Yes, the Chevy dealers have no corporate oversight on making their mandated chargers available to .... well anyone. My own dealer said I could charge anytime during business hours so a real blemish on GM for not being consistent.

A suggestion for actual change, would be feed back to GM corporate when the send you surveys.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am pretty dure now that GM seems to be commited to EV's that they will most likely work on that aspect with dealers as contracts are renewed. But we will see. Remeber they are clearly working on autonomous ride sharing for their future which they will need a charging infrastructure for.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its sad I'm coming from Infiniti G coupe sports car still have it as track car now. This is my first North American car brand and the service is horrible I'm already looking ahead to other brands like Porsche Mission E for the future. I'm young still in my late 20's was actually thinking about a corvette for my next car not anymore just lost a potential lifetime customer.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I guess it varies a lot by dealer. My local dealer (Country Chevy, Warrenton, VA) let me charge over night on a Saturday. I went in Sunday morning to a deserted dealership, unplugged and stowed the cable and went on may way. I have bought 4 cars there now, so that probably helps, but I've never had anything but a good experience there. I've seen very mixed reviews on dealers on Plug Share wrt charging. Many are horrible, some great.

I simply don't understand why a dealer would throw away an opportunity for what is effectively very cheap marketing by allowing a recharge. It probably costs less than sending out a single mailer with a higher likelihood of a return on investment.

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.