Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like rear wipers as they have never served any purpose to me other than to deliver disappointing performance and eventual scratching of the back glass regardless of how clean you keep the car. I plan on keeping this car a long time and wanted to avoid that so I deleted it. If anyone wants to know how to do this I'll explain further but it was kind of a pain. I plugged the remaining hole with a machined aluminum plug from ECS Tuning that I had to further cut down. I'm happy with the end result but GM doesn't make it as easy as VW which was surprising to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I don't like rear wipers as they have never served any purpose to me other than to deliver disappointing performance and eventual scratching of the back glass regardless of how clean you keep the car. I plan on keeping this car a long time and wanted to avoid that so I deleted it. If anyone wants to know how to do this I'll explain further but it was kind of a pain. I plugged the remaining hole with a machined aluminum plug from ECS Tuning that I had to further cut down. I'm happy with the end result but GM doesn't make it as easy as VW which was surprising to me.
Why not just leave it on and never use it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might bump it, it looks better without it and that tiny little bit of weight is gone now. I don't expect you to do it. Just sharing what I did with my Bolt.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Why not just leave it on and never use it?
Yeah, that's what I'd do. The fact is that I rarely use the rear window wiper because I've always got the rear view mirror set to the camera view. But the window gets wiped anyway whenever I use the rear squirter to clean the cameras...

One advantage of eliminating the wiper blade is that it makes it a lot easier to squeegee the back window. If anyone knows how to make the wiper blade stand up at a 90 degree angle from the glass the way the front ones can I'd love to hear about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they might stand up 90 degrees after popping that plastic cover off the wiper arm. Can't remember. Deleted useless thing first opportunity.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'd get rid of the gaudy gold Chevrolet bowtie too

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hahaha. I was debating whether I should do that or black it out. I do like the black bowties but then again it is just an add on.
Can of plastidip is just $7. Glossifier is just another $8 but I prefer the matte bowtie myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts