Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I purchased my LT on 3/31. At the time the dealer told me it was a few days out from being delivered. They reached out today to say its sitting in a lot in Toledo, OH waiting to get loaded onto a train. They said in normal times it could be up to 2 weeks to arrive. But with times being what they are, it could be a month or more. This particular dealer usually gets 2-3 trucks a week of cars but has not seen one in 2 weeks now. Would have been good info to know when I bought. LOL. Anyways I'm in no real hurry but would be nice to have sooner than later since I'd like to drive it and I paid cash.

Question: Did anyone else track their transport time from factory? I assume these are made somewhere near Toledo. Just wondering. Thats about all I can do! :)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Question: Did anyone else track their transport time from factory? I assume these are made somewhere near Toledo. Just wondering. Thats about all I can do! :)
Nope. Assembled in Orion, Michigan. They are probably storing them on some huge lot in Ohio. At least one guy has tracked his the whole way. He had a blog. I think he is on this forum. He had his shipped from a dealer in California before they were available on the east coast, and may have had the first here.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Question: Did anyone else track their transport time from factory? I assume these are made somewhere near Toledo. Just wondering. Thats about all I can do!
Here's my post back when I ordered mine. My vehicle was produced and shipped from Lake Orion to Toledo, OH and bayed 9/29/17. Car was delivered 10/25/17. So a little less than a month between showing up in Toledo to my dealer getting the car. Also, the dealer was able to see the car sitting in the railroad yard in New Mexico for several days to a week after its train ride from Ohio. The dealer was able to keep checking for me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks XJ12. My dealer says the only way is for the office lady to email GM and they email back with an update. They are a very small dealer.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Thanks XJ12. My dealer says the only way is for the office lady to email GM and they email back with an update. They are a very small dealer.
The guy I am thinking of activated the mychevy app, and could track the car's location that way. His situation may be different since he purchased the car from a dealer California dealer, and so it was already his property.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I drove the 350 miles (rental car one-way, $$$) to Frederick MD to pick up my car which had been brought up from Tyson's Corners, VA. I combined it with a business trip, so it was not too bad. But (as I have posted before) I thought all AC Level 2 EVSE were 7.68 kW (240 VAC x 32 amps). This would have provided 25 rmpch (range miles per charging hour). Unfortunately, both Chevy dealers where I had planned charging stops (Morgantown, WV & Flatwoods, WV) had installed their EVSE for the Chevy VOLT! These were 208 VAC {2-phases of a 3-phase circuit} and 16 amps! I only got 10 rmpch and had to stay overnight (walking to the motel) while I charged in Flatwoods, WV. Experience is a hard and unyielding teacher.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I had my OnStar trial activated and I linked that to the myChevy app. The dealer says I must call OnStar from the car to get location tracking enabled. Anyone know of another way to do that? Can I just call the "advisor" from the app?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Talked to OnStar and they said I must push the button from in the car to get this setup. Without that I can not enable location services. Too bad I just wasted my 30 day free trial of OnStar! Oh well.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Update: Talked to OnStar and they said I must push the button from in the car to get this setup. Without that I can not enable location services. Too bad I just wasted my 30 day free trial of OnStar! Oh well.
That stinks. I guess the dealer pushed the button for the guy I mentioned, before they loaded it on the car carrier. Know anybody in Toledo?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'd love to find the guy thats going to load it on the train/truck and ask him to push the button!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts