Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed up for this forum so figured I'd introduce myself.

I live in Oregon and got my Bolt LT in Oct '17.
Loving it so far. ;-)
Before that I had a 2012 Nissan Leaf (which I also loved, just needed more range).

I have a 120 mile commute, so I really needed the extra range.. ;-)

Thanx

desiv

·
Registered
11 Posts
so desi, 120 mile commute, one way or round trip?

if one way you need to find a place to charge otherwise in cold weather you are stuck. I am in chicago and max I get is 180 in a charge and I conserve with preconditioning etc.

If you are round trip is 120 - you good and more. My furthest office(was I was RIF last week) was 75 miles and I can do the 150 at ease. Enjoy desi enjoy.

BTW, love Portland...lived there in the mid 90's. I think at that time i was 310 desi in the state.........that was 25 years ago though.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so desi, 120 mile commute, one way or round trip?.
Round trip, so I can make it from home to work and back with no problem.
I should even be able to do it in the cold (Oregon cold, which isn't too bad.) with the heater on.
My work does let me (I pay an extra $20/month for it) use a 120v plug, so I do that during the day while I'm working.

I actually live in Lincoln City (on the Oregon Coast) and work in Salem.

Now, with my Leaf, I was QCing initially twice. I could get to work, where I'd QC for a bit (I virtually never QCd to full) in the morning. Then I'd QC for a bit on the way home.
Sometimes I wouldn't QC in the morning, so I'd just drop off the car at the L2 on my lunch break and leave it there till work was done. The timing was usually just about right. Then I could drive straight home without a QC.
At least until some degradation started kicking in. Then I started QCing in the morning on the way a bit, at work in the morning, and on the way home.
Luckily, with the West Coast Electric Highway and the "free" Nissan chademo in Salem (I say "free" as it was free to charge, except I needed quarters for parking while charging), I was in good shape. West Coast Electric Highway is $20/month for unlimited charging.

I actually didn't mind that. I'd either get some work done or some e-book reading. It was kind of relaxing. ;-)

But I am also good with not having to do that now. Love the Bolt.

Of course, unfortunately the West Coast Electric Highway is still only Chademo (and L2), so not Bolt QCs with it. Which is a bummer as there are not other QCs on the Oregon Coast, except apparently they finally installed one at the Chevy dealer in Newport I am told. Haven't been by it.

desiv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.