Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
What's my negligence? I follow the guidelines. Explain.
If you do, that does not sound "cavalier", like ignoring the guidelines does IMO. An insurance company might feel that ignoring the guidelines contributed to the damage caused by a battery fire. That was what I meant 🙂

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
If you do, that does not sound "cavalier", like ignoring the guidelines does IMO. An insurance company might feel that ignoring the guidelines contributed to the damage caused by a battery fire. That was what I meant 🙂
I think the way the article was written kind of shows me as "la-la-la", while others are depicted as a bit "oh no, doom!"

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,836 Posts
Strange. Insurance companies pay out for their policy holder's negligence all the time. It's called liability.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Be interesting to see if your insurance company agrees. They just might say

Contributory negligence = no bueno
A) I think we’ve covered this terrain multiple times. They won’t do that. But they can drop you.

B) I’m differentiating between a relaxed vs paranoid mindset. One can adopt the former and still maintain full adherence to the guidelines. This is what I’m doing to a fault (only adding 15 kWH for most charges), minus the wireless smoke detectors, hand-wringing, speaking in tongues, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
We should remember, AFAIK, no Bolt owners have been formally, legally notified as to any guidelines. Sort of like the backward legal logic that shoveling one's sidewalk makes one more liable for slips than if the sidewalk were not cleared at all.

jack vines

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
A) I think we’ve covered this terrain multiple times. They won’t do that. But they can drop you.

B) I’m differentiating between a relaxed vs paranoid mindset. One can adopt the former and still maintain full adherence to the guidelines. This is what I’m doing to a fault (only adding 15 kWH for most charges), minus the wireless smoke detectors, hand-wringing, speaking in tongues, etc.
Yes and yes.
I'm fortunate to be retired and able to charge during the day at home. I can literally sit in the garage with the Bolt, drink beer, play poker, and watch football. But I don't really drink, play poker or watch football.

Stsr Trek and chocolate I guess.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes and yes.
I'm fortunate to be retired and able to charge during the day at home. I can literally sit in the garage with the Bolt, drink beer, play poker, and watch football. But I don't really drink, play poker or watch football.

Stsr Trek and chocolate I guess.
I’ve definitely got more vices than you, although, to compensate, each week I run (slowly) for three hours, walk for at least the same amount of time, and do hundreds of push ups and pull ups. Day charging for me as well - all outdoors because nothing fits in our garage but food, booze and a Peloton.

I stopped working at the end of August. In 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just FYI. Insurance companies make a lot of money. They make money by not paying out any way they can.
Any time you have a claim no matter how good you think the company is think again.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I spoke with Mr. Kelly at GM yesterday, he's quoted in the article. The article says I ran my house off the Bolt, I explained to him that actually it was just the refrigerator and a cpap. We talked a bit about the media, he understands the hyperbole it tends to generate.

Maybe I can get a definitive set of charging protocols for the Bolt that addresses all the questions posted.

I liked talking with him, he said he'll tell others in the office that Shrock guy with the inverter just sounds crazy...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts