Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve owned my Bolt for almost three years and really love it. Over the past month I’m starting to get a strange CarPlay error - every time that I plug the phone in there’s a "device projection privacy consent” message that I need to consent to before CarPlay starts up. I’m getting this with different phones, so I assume it’s a car software issue. However, I can’t find anything in the settings or via Google searches. Any advice?

·
1,872 Posts
It is a CYA warning from GM and Apple. Their lawyers no doubt require they do this to be protected if you get in an accident while interfacing with the display.

I see it from time to time, it seems to be persistent for a few days, then don't see it again for a month or two. If you are using multiple phones, it might happen more often?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. It hasn’t been an issue for years, and now it’s every time. Hopefully it will end up resolving itself.

It is a CYA warning from GM and Apple. Their lawyers no doubt require they do this to be protected if you get in an accident while interfacing with the display.

I see it from time to time, it seems to be persistent for a few days, then don't see it again for a month or two. If you are using multiple phones, it might happen more often?

·
Registered
2021 Nightfall Gray Metallic Bolt Premier
461 Posts
Did you recently receive the Apple iPhone update? It supposedly causes CarPlay issues. Google it, some setting in Accessibility.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I occasionally get the "Keep your eye on the road" after I start driving, it will not go away until I press OK - meaning taking my eyes off the road. Talk about a safety FAIL!

·
Registered
'19 Bolt Premier; '13 Leaf SV w/premium
1,296 Posts
Did you recently receive the Apple iPhone update? It supposedly causes CarPlay issues. Google it, some setting in Accessibility.
FWIW, I haven't experienced this yet and I just updated my iPhone 8 from iOS 13.7 to 14.2 the other day. I've taken at least two outings so far with my Bolt, using CarPlay every time.

·
1,872 Posts

Apparently, it is GM gumming things up. Despite no updates to the infotainment system, maybe they are doing something on the back end?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts