Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a left over 2017 loaded premier for the past week that was advertised for 37,000... Wednesday is the first day I have the chance to drive out and take a look at it so I checked the ad one last time before bed tonight.... and the price is now listed at full MSRP as if the car has not been sitting on their lot unsold for a year!

Did something happen to availability or pricing that I am not aware of, or did somebody loose their mind over night and jack up the price on this particular car?

Later,

Keith

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought mine for a little less than that in Huntsville, AL. I wasn't thrilled with getting a Silver car but the price was right. After the test drive, when they declined my offer for the second time (same offer, I wasn't going to budge), we walked out. We were there willing to buy the car, not desperate to buy it. I hate the shenanigans dealers play in the negotiations process. When they see you really want it, you're going to pay.

When we had just gotten home, the salesman called me and asked what happened. I told him I wasn't going to sit there when I had no intention of buying it at their price, so I left. He said he'd get back to me if I was still interested. I asked if they were taking my offer. Ten minutes later he called and said they would accept my offer. The car stickered for a bit over $43k (before the add-on sticker that I always ignore) and I got it for ~ $35,200 plus tax.

If you are interested, go make them an offer. If they don't take it, no harm, no foul, go home. By the time you make an offer, they have your contact info. Remember, the car isn't a current model year and it is not going up in value, they pay interest on cars sitting in stock, and we aren't exactly in the hotspot for electric vehicles. You are in control of the bargaining process until you sign on the dotted line. Good luck to you, we really like ours.

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
I was looking at a left over 2017 loaded premier for the past week that was advertised for 37,000... Wednesday is the first day I have the chance to drive out and take a look at it so I checked the ad one last time before bed tonight.... and the price is now listed at full MSRP as if the car has not been sitting on their lot unsold for a year!

Did something happen to availability or pricing that I am not aware of, or did somebody loose their mind over night and jack up the price on this particular car?

Later,

Keith
Usually dealer websites take a day or 2 to apply the new sales programs after a new sales month starts. I'm sure the discounts will be similar to last month once everything is updated.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I bought mine for a little less than that in Huntsville, AL. I wasn't thrilled with getting a Silver car but the price was right. After the test drive, when they declined my offer for the second time (same offer, I wasn't going to budge), we walked out. We were there willing to buy the car, not desperate to buy it. I hate the shenanigans dealers play in the negotiations process. When they see you really want it, you're going to pay.

When we had just gotten home, the salesman called me and asked what happened. I told him I wasn't going to sit there when I had no intention of buying it at their price, so I left. He said he'd get back to me if I was still interested. I asked if they were taking my offer. Ten minutes later he called and said they would accept my offer. The car stickered for a bit over $43k (before the add-on sticker that I always ignore) and I got it for ~ $35,200 plus tax.

Same thing happened when I was looking at mine mine was an LT I got it for 32, must be a new game.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The dealer has paid the flooring for another month. The month and quarter are done so the push to get cars out the door to qualify for additional factory incentives is also lessened. And as stated above, it takes a few days to update promotions.

Near the close of business on the last day of the month (even better for quarter/year end as well) is the easiest time to negotiate a car deal. You can (but won't necessarily) get a better deal, and you'll certainly get there quicker.

If the car has indeed been sitting on their lot for a year (and isn't a 2017 they got just before the MY switch) , that will also make them a nit more motivated to get a deal done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.