Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For people that did the same as me and purchased a Cali Bolt and shipped it out of state back home (before GM and/or the CA DMV killed out of state sales), you qualify as a Bolt Smuggler! I've created a group on Voltstats.net (http://www.voltstats.net/BoltEV/Stats/GroupDetails/294) to represent the rebels that said "Screw you!" to GM's rollout plan.

Only condition is you can't be a CA/OR resident. :D

The Bolt Smugglers outnumber the Oregon Bolts 3-0! And OR was an initial rollout state along with CA.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Lol Bolt Smugglers, I like it! I was watching moon shiners and for some reason this reminded me of it ahaha ! Bandits unite ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
How about a Hawaii Buyer/resident, purchased in Oregon, bound for California with only a trip permit, to eventually ship to Honolulu, next year, God Willing? Join your smuggler club?

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about a Hawaii Buyer/resident, purchased in Oregon, bound for California with only a trip permit, to eventually ship to Honolulu, next year, God Willing? Join your smuggler club?
Yes, we will make an exception for you. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mahalo! On a road trip starting tomorrow, as the rail yard in Portland has thawed enough to allow the car to be picked up and delivered to the Dealership TODAY! I will check in when I reach California over Grant's Pass. More will be revealed. Aloha, Barnacle Bill

·
Registered
85 Posts
I smuggled my first Bolt out of Oregon at the end of the year and back to Colorado. My second one just arrived in San Diego. My dealer says Chevy has shut down the smuggling under threat of dealers losing future allocation. The letter arrived Monday.

Is this true?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow that would suck. I hope the dealership just made that up. I think they actually can't do that. I don't know the exact law but I believe there is one that covers that. I think it was created for car dealerships too!

·
Registered
179 Posts
How do you sign up? I got a bolt, Lincoln NE. have 3k already. 200$ saved and counting. .

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I smuggled my first Bolt out of Oregon at the end of the year and back to Colorado. My second one just arrived in San Diego. My dealer says Chevy has shut down the smuggling under threat of dealers losing future allocation. The letter arrived Monday.

Is this true?
That sucks, but is consistent with what I was told by my dealer.

If you could get a copy of that letter and upload it, that'd be awesome.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I live in MI and have been interested in a Bolt for months......I reached out to a dealer in VA this morning and asked him point blank....."will you sell one out of state?". He reminded me that he's just across from WDC so they sell them to folks in WV, MD, WDC, PA and NC in addition to the 'locals' in VA. No worries.

Dayle

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
So does that mean that the smugglers thread is done with ?! You guys should have special user tags for being smugglers lol. Doing what most of us dreamed about.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So does that mean that the smugglers thread is done with ?! You guys should have special user tags for being smugglers lol. Doing what most of us dreamed about.
Looks like it. Seems non-CA/OR dealers with Bolts have no issues selling to customers in non-rollout states. The Bolt smugglers still outnumber the OR owners on Boltstats, as not a single OR owner has registered yet. Lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
I searched for Chevy dealers in MD and VA, found several that had Bolts in their inventory, contacted them about pricing and ended up buying one at Ted Britt in VA at MSRP. They had no issues sending one to MI. I pick her up on 2/18 and will trailer her back to MI.

Dayle

·
Registered
734 Posts
I searched for Chevy dealers in MD and VA, found several that had Bolts in their inventory, contacted them about pricing and ended up buying one at Ted Britt in VA at MSRP. They had no issues sending one to MI. I pick her up on 2/18 and will trailer her back to MI.

Dayle
Nice!

I hope you plan on inspecting the body to ensure there's no unnecessary damage since that can happen from time to time. Sometimes there's a range of the usual's although for the Bolt i haven't noticed anything. Bolt owners don't seem to be nearly as concerned as say... BMW or MB owners.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Bolt leaves Seattle tomorrow, bound for Honolulu (on a Matson Ship, of course). I was able to get a nice roof rack installed in Portland, and looking forward to making it "Hawaiian Style" with some wrap graphics. Great fun in the Mainland, but looking forward to having it here at last.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My Bolt leaves Seattle tomorrow, bound for Honolulu (on a Matson Ship, of course). I was able to get a nice roof rack installed in Portland, and looking forward to making it "Hawaiian Style" with some wrap graphics. Great fun in the Mainland, but looking forward to having it here at last.
Wow that is total awesome. Great job. Enjoy!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts