Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to pull the trigger and order a fully loaded Bolt Premier but quotes from dealers are full MSRP? I am blown away by the deep discounts achieved by some of our US friends.

Maybe BC dealers are using the CAD $5K CEV incentive to avoid giving further discounts, and there is a strong demand, but I'm curious if anyone managed to get below MSRP?

Kind Regards

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Since Canada doesn't get many Bolts, discounts may be scarce.

It varies all over the US. Since CA got the most Bolts and early on, there were soon deep deals. Up here in eastern WA, where they were slow in coming, one dealer had a stripper LT and the other dealer had three Premiers. Neither of them were discounting. I think we got maybe $1000 under full MSRP.

WA did forgive the first $3000 of sales tax and we just filed for the $7,500 federal income tax credit. (And no, for the math/logic-challenged here in several other threads, that's not $10,500 off the $43,000 MSRP. It's $10,500 off the $46,869 out-the-door price, or $36,369 net.)

jack vines

·
Registered
89 Posts
From Chevy website like Burien and Evergreen in western WA, I'm seeing 6900 to 7000 dealer discount.
Is there a way to just buy some and sell them to the Canadians across the border?

·
Registered
575 Posts
MSRP seems to vary, from dealer to dealer and day to day. It seems to have jumped up with the release of the 2018 model. I paid $585 USD below MSRP back in December for an LT, but MSRP was $36,620 USD, and the market was very hot at the time. Even though the MSRP may have gone up since then, local dealers are now offering big discounts. The supply seems to have improved, and this time of year is a slow selling season.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Glenandhisbolt you are spot about how much the discounts vary.Here in Georgia ( northern suburb of Atlanta) just last week, I went to the one dealership that has gotten a lot of press around the Bolt ( amazing sales guy really knowledgeable) and he indicated to me that they were only getting a 2 at a time. I went in and test drove the Bolt demo car twice at this dealership. I told them I was looking likely next month ( which is now this month) to purchase. They didn't push me at all to speed up my purchasing time frame and casually mentioned that they would be happy to sell me the one Premier they had at full list at 43 + not including taxes( since sold). The sales guy made a point to say that if he had a full lot of Bolts he could sell them all. That same day I went home ( last Saturday last day of month )Just for giggles I put a feeler on True car. I really had no intention of buying last weekend.. Truecar indicated that the average price paid was 40K for a Premier in my zip code. Immediately a dealer reaches out to me within 15 minutes and indicated they were being very agressive $5,160 off MSRP. That included an initial $2600 off of MSRP and $2500 conquest discount. They also had an LT with a similar discount. The total OTD was $40,600 on the Premier and 33,100 after tax break. The OTD on the LT was $36,400 and $28,900 with the tax. What was interesting is this dealer clearly Not as experienced at selling the Bolt while the other dealer had been one of the first dealers in Atlanta to get the Bolt and were one of the first dealers to get the Volt in 2011 and the owner had actually driven down to Long Island to get one of the first Volts. While I felt a little uncomfortable buying under pressure, I really felt like the data indicated I was getting a good deal on the Premier. I probably could have walked out and tried to get them to go lower however they were pretty adamant that their sales process is not like other dealership and they don't believe in negotiations and they provide the best price up front. I would suggest shopping between dealerships in your area if you have that option because clearly in my case there was a big variance.

167 Posts
I used the USAA / TrueCar web portal to purchase a Dec 2017 build date Premier 5K below MSRP in NorCal. Dealer found no pre-pay penalty 2.49% financing . Bolt costs me 32500 with 7500 tax and multiple CA rebates totaling at 3000.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a suggestion. In order to make it easier for new buyers to comparing costs, I think we should standardize the format used when presenting the vehicle description and cost. The following format could be used:

Description
--------------
Model Year
Trim: LT or Premier
List of Installed Packages/Options

Costs
-------
MSRP Cost
Your Cost, Specify any dealer discounts, Chevrolet and/or GM incentives, state and/or local rebates, and dealer conveyance fee. While the sales tax and DMV fees must be paid, these costs vary with locality and really shouldn't be used in cost comparisons.

Thanks for your help in making this Forum better.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Maybe BC dealers are using the CAD $5K CEV incentive to avoid giving further discounts, and there is a strong demand, but I'm curious if anyone managed to get below MSRP?
I managed to get a few hundred bucks off, enough to pay for the dealer "documentation fee".

That's because, although I had a Bolt on order that was due to arrive in another month, I ended up buying a different Bolt that someone else had cancelled (because the Scrap-It program was out of funds at the time). So I felt OK about telling the salesman "thanks, but no deal" and walking out, knowing that my order would arrive soon.

It's only when you walk out that you find out whether the salesman is willing to haggle or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since Canada doesn't get many Bolts, discounts may be scarce.
Certainly that is true in BC where I have discovered no dealer has Bolts in stock. Factory orders have a 2+ month wait but some have Bolts in transit and I was lucky enough to find a fully loaded Premier in transit and bought it today for MSRP :)

BC gets a $5K government EV rebate, but there is also a private "Scrap It" program which gives you $6K when you scrap your ICE for an EV. I'll be using this to scrap my 2004 Ford Explorer, which needs so many repairs it is not cost effective.

So although I'm paying MSRP, with $11K in rebates I won't complain :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Premier

Purchased a 2018 Premier last week.
All options included and fast charge.
Ended up at $7000 off sticker before $7500 federal credit.
No state or other tax credits.
Had several offers at $5000-5500 off sticker.
I was only looking at Premiers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts