Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to disable the chime, especially when the driver door is open when the car is on? I couldn't even find the sensor on the door and I think the sound is coming from the speakers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, but lowest volume of 24 is unacceptable. I want that thing disabled. Anyone know which connector to disconnect under the dash?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Anyone know how to disable the chime, especially when the driver door is open when the car is on? I couldn't even find the sensor on the door and I think the sound is coming from the speakers.
1) search this forum, find one of the threads already dealing with this , and follow the instructions.

-OR-

2) download the PDF copy of the user manual, and search for the info you want.

{{ Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. }}

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Out of curiosity, how do you turn off the chime in your gas vehicle when the door is open and the car is running?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would disconnect the buzzer or short the sensor.
But the sound is coming out of the speaker's on the Bolt, there's no way to turn that annoying thing off.
Out of curiosity, how do you turn off the chime in your gas vehicle when the door is open and the car is running?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think the only way to lose the horrid chime would be to bypass the driver door open switch...that is definitely on my to-do list. I deeply resent non-optional nagging buzzers and chimes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I leave the car on (for climate control) when I pick up the mail at the community mailboxes and I have the Hobson's choice of either leaving the door open and listening to the cursed chime at volume level 24, or shutting the door and having the car honk its horn at me and all the neighbors. Sure would be nice to be able to lower the volume below 24!

Reactions: SkyBolt

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can in fact turn off the Chime. Go into the Radio Settings and turn off the "Audio Cues". That of course will also turn off the audible "beep" heard when touching any selection on the Infotainment screen. I don't want to turn off those touch cues so I leave it on but set the volume to the lowest setting, which is 10. I can still hear the cues while the startup chime is not so loud.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
download the pdf version of the manual and do a search. (then report back)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm not really into games. Like many other new BOLT owners, I come here for friendly conversation and to learn about my new car. RTFM is not helpful.

The only thing I've seen is the way to lower to volume to 24. The audio cues, as I understand it, is something different.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm not really into games. Like many other new BOLT owners, I come here for friendly conversation and to learn about my new car. RTFM is not helpful.

The only thing I've seen is the way to lower to volume to 24. The audio cues, as I understand it, is something different.
I honesty hate when forum members ask others to search, dont be that person @SparkE, keep it classy where not a Honda civic site, you have the solution lets us know Karma will pay you back 10 times over my friend.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I honesty hate when forum members ask others to search, dont be that person @SparkE , keep it classy where not a Honda civic site, you have the solution lets us know Karma will pay you back 10 times over my friend.

Funny. I didn't see SparkE's post as anything other than a suggestion to utilize resources already at hand, with the helpful additional info that a searchable PDF version is available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like other receipt appending to this topic find the lowest level of 24 decibels very annoying. With that I even have it set to the highest level of 38 decibels. :)

The reason is that this chime is also used for the rear Collision alert if you have that feature. Sitting at low means you are practically disabling a very costly and useful safety feature. I have tried to open a case on this when I took my car in for service. GM should address this as two different settings.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Ahhhh, the agony…
Yet another proof of the excellence of the Bolt.

I've been a car guy for more than sixty years and have been in marque-specific clubs all those years; long before there was an internet. In each car club, there was always discussion of how to find and fix major structural, operational and safety issues. That the Bolt problems we can identify and discuss are antshit, there's just not that much wrong with the Bolt.

jack vines

·
Registered
47 Posts
Get a seat belt receiving (hip side) extension through ebay for a couple bucks. Several lengths available. Not only will this shut off the chime, but it can also keep the seat belt off your neck.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts