Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just wondering if others have had a glitch where they could not turn on or turn off the seat heater on their car?

Yesterday I started out for a quick 10-minute drive and when I got to my destination I was not able to turn off the seat heater, I would keep pushing the display seat heater icon and it would react but would not turn off. The red little dots next to the seat heater icon would not go away.

I turn the car off and on again and the problem went away but wasn't sure if others have experienced this.

During the issue, I was able to change the seat heater settings for the passenger side seat.

I have not applied the software update which was released on the internet a few weeks ago, but now thinking about it in case it may have fixed issues like those.

I took a video of this in case the dealer is not able to reproduce it. I don't plan on going to the dealer unless the issue pops up again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My screen freezes up occasionally as well. I think it has happened at least 4 times since I've owned the car. It has even done it once after applying the latest update that is floating around online. Just hold down the physical fast-forward and home buttons at the same time for a good 5-10 seconds until the screen turns black. This will restart/refresh the infotainment's operating system and let it become usable again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can do a quick search on electrek for the released update, I have not applied it yet. I work in the software engineering environment, and something like this would make me very nervous, even though it has been confirmed as having been cryptographically signed.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've had numerous glitches. In one, the radio never booted up. It just sat on the BOLT EV screen for about 5 minutes.

Another, the screen became completely unresponsive. I couldn't change the heat settings, the radio, or the heated seats.

Home-NEXT TRACK buttons for 5 seconds to reboot the system. If you can get it to happen reliably, you'll have something for the dealer to report to GM and maybe they will use the OTA for the first time to issue an update.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Yep, the 2-finger reset (salute) is unfortunately a necessity. I've only done it once when I think I shifted too quickly from powering on my Bolt. Similar symptoms as you: frozen screen, HVAC touchscreen controls didn't update or respond despite physical HVAC control creating heat and blowing air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts