Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how does one get “recognized” with Chevy as a Bolt owner, if buying a pre-owned?

Does this exist? And would it allow me to receive software update info, and recognize me for warranty issues, etc.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
We bought a used Toyota and they somehow found us when there was a recall. I've wondered if it was getting the car registered at the state level. Come to think of it, I got a recall notice for an Oldsmobile without contacting GM. They found me. Again, it must be from getting the car and its VIN registered with your state. Hopefully someone chimes in with the appropriate answer as I'm also curious.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If there is a recall and your Bolt is included the Vin number is tracked down by GM.

If you got a used Certified GM car, you are already registered with GM, you now have an extended warranty..

·
Registered
143 Posts
I registered on the Chevy page and on the app. Not sure if the previous owner did as well but I had no problems. For recalls, the app and Onstar will let you know and for warranty repair, it's transferable so I would think as long as you have the registration (if they even ask).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts