Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speaking of ICEing fuel stations, that was so annoying... people finishing fueling and then go inside shopping without moving their car into a parking spot.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I sometimes go to the convenience store.

The thing I miss most about gas stations is the regular opportunity to clean my windows. I've had to buy a squeegee and a bucket for my garage and try to remind myself to use them every once in a while...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I grab beer at a gas station nearby that has an amazing and gigantic walk in beer fridge.

Otherwise, no. Not even for bathroom breaks. Fast food places around here have better bathrooms.

Also, sadly or happily depending on how you look at it, not going to gas stations regularly has reduced how often I rub shoulders with really REALLY MEAN and ANGRY people. Similar effect to when I stopped shopping regularly at Walmart.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I go to block ICE cars from fueling. Seems only fair.
I have literally done this. I use an Amazon Locker at a gas station and sometimes when the area is full of cars, I will get in the line of cars for the Amazon Locker. The line sometimes extends next to fuel pumps due to unusual layout of cars and parking lot entrances/exits, so I have blocked a few cars a few times from fueling. Momentarily, though, until the line moved.

Once, I actually did put my Bolt into park while parked at a fuel pump. The lines to the Amazon Locker were so bad, it was literal grid lock while people figured out how to get out of each others' ways. I couldn't backup at all and the line wasn't moving due to the grid lock. I just got out, walked a few dozen feet, retrieved my package, got back in my Bolt, and waited until the line moved enough I could escape back to the main roads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I still go to gas stations but I chuckle every time I drive up to grab a snack, coffee, or use a ATM...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I go on the rare occasion to fill up my wife's car, or recently, on a road trip to Canada. I joke that I don't remember what to do -- but it's only half a joke.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Speaking of ICEing fuel stations, that was so annoying... people finishing fueling and then go inside shopping without moving their car into a parking spot.
And in my area, they leave their car running and many get stolen. Sadly, a dog was killed in one recently.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I go on the rare occasion to fill up my wife's car, or recently, on a road trip to Canada. I joke that I don't remember what to do -- but it's only half a joke.
I still have my 2015 GMC Sierra truck, it gobbles gas but I still use it about twice a month for big item hauling or to move the dogs to/from boarding on trips. I'm not putting 3 large german shepherds in a Bolt, it most definitely can be done, but since I have the truck that's the solution for me with them. If I take long trips, I rent the best fuel economy ICE I can find that physicaly meets the needs of the trip, with adaptive cruise control. (Chevrolet people ..... are you listening? The adaptive cruise in the Equinox is world class)

·
Registered
119 Posts
There are Spinx gas stations in South Carolina that have EVGO chargers installed. And on a drive back from Florida off i-10 there is an electrify america hub at a Shell Station I stopped at.
So Yes, occassionally. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just like wesley, I only go to my local gas station because they have a nice car wash. Invaluable in freezing temperatures when washing a car manually is a torture, both for the driver and for the car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The gas station nearby has Tesla Supercharging (as many others around)...so yes I go often (I have a Tesla with unlimited free charging)
For the Bolt I found that most Fast Chargers are at Dunkin Donuts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I go almost every day. My local gas station has a deli with good hamburgers and other food. My car is powered by the sun, but I am powered with food.....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts