Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the price and shipping experience with Donohoo? We may be doing a deal, and shipping to Chicagoland. Dealers here are clueless as to a great lease deal.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I asked for a quote and got a really good price. I asked how much shipping was gonna cost and they said it was included in the price already. I'm in Arizona.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked for a quote and got a really good price. I asked how much shipping was gonna cost and they said it was included in the price already. I'm in Arizona.
Did you lease or buy? We committed to leasing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Really? Free shipping for the prices listed on their site...or a better quote? That’s a great deal if so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How is the price and shipping experience with Donohoo? We may be doing a deal, and shipping to Chicagoland. Dealers here are clueless as to a great lease deal.
Purchased a 2018 Bolt in 2019 from Donohoo and I was very happy with the deal. Shipping wasn't offered at the time and was at no charge and the vehicle was exactly as represented by the dealer. I would recommend using them.

·
Registered
842 Posts
They most likely meant that the shipping/delivery charge that's listed on the sticker is included in the price. This is a uniform charge for all cars, regardless of dealer location. It is charged to get the car to the dealer. It does not include shipping from the dealer to another location.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
eally? Free shipping for the prices listed on their site...or a better quote? That’s a great deal if so.
Not necessarily free. They just automatically including the shipping cost in the price quote they gave me, which was thousands lower than I could get locally.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They most likely meant that the shipping/delivery charge that's listed on the sticker is included in the price. This is a uniform charge for all cars, regardless of dealer location. It is charged to get the car to the dealer. It does not include shipping from the dealer to another location.
The Other Tom,

You are partly correct. Quite a few years ago the West Coast dealers began to complain about shipping costs putting them at a disadvantage when compared to imported cars that had lower shipping costs even though they were shipped across the ocean. At that time most U.S. Built vehicles were FOB Detroit and shipping to the coast was close to $500.00 while local (Detroit area) was $12.50. The then "Big Three" decided to change their shipping formulas and had the money people at the corporations make suggestions. They finally agreed on a method that took all shipping factors into consideration (shipping engines from the engine plant to the assembly plant, shipping stampings from a stamping plant to an assembly plant, etc. Then used an average of all vehicle delivery costs to any dealer in the U.S..) Added them all up and got the average and made that the new delivery charge you see on the Monrony on the window. Of course they did not lower the vehicle price any even though all those fees had been figured into vehicle pricing all along. However, I do agree that those were probably the shipping charges that the dealer was referring to.

Scott

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
However, I do agree that those were probably the shipping charges that the dealer was referring to.
To further clarify. I was quoted a great price, which included the standard dealer shipping fee that everyone pays. It did not have a separate cost for shipping to Arizona. When I asked about what the additional cost for shipping to Arizona would be, I was told that it was included in the quoted price. I did not pay above the quoted price to have it delivered to my door in Arizona.

·
Registered
842 Posts
To further clarify. I was quoted a great price, which included the standard dealer shipping fee that everyone pays. It did not have a separate cost for shipping to Arizona. When I asked about what the additional cost for shipping to Arizona would be, I was told that it was included in the quoted price. I did not pay above the quoted price to have it delivered to my door in Arizona.
Glad to hear they treated you well. Did you tell them upfront you wanted the car shipped to AZ so that they could calculate a price? And did they ship it to your home or a local dealer?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Glad to hear they treated you well. Did you tell them upfront you wanted the car shipped to AZ so that they could calculate a price? And did they ship it to your home or a local dealer?
I told them up front. That's why I was expecting a separate cost for shipping but they just included it so I don't know how much it really was. It was dropped off at my house. I'm pretty sure I was a stop on the way to California for other deliveries.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I told them up front. That's why I was expecting a separate cost for shipping but they just included it so I don't know how much it really was. It was dropped off at my house. I'm pretty sure I was a stop on the way to California for other deliveries.
Thanks. Good to know. They sound like a very pro-active and customer oriented dealer. A rarity.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Fort Payne AL to Phoenix AZ is 1700 miles! There's no way that car was shipped for free. When I looked into shipping a (gas) car from Tuscon AZ ... 2000 miles Eastward (in 2018), the best I could do was $1300. For me to fly out there and drive it back was going to cost about $600-$700, including two overnight stays in a hotel. $1300 was an open carrier, using an unknown shipper on UShip, BTW ... so that was probably a rock-bottom price.

By that metric, 1700 miles would cost at least $1100, so somewhere in your purchase price was a $1000 worth of padding for shipping.

What was the actual price breakdown of the deal?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
What was the actual price breakdown of the deal?
Here's the breakdown:

Unfortunately they don't really separate out the line items. I had the $3,000 Costco discount. No special GM card or other discounts. If you do the math, it was $27,155 total, before taxes, for a Cajun Red (+$395) Premier with every option. This is the price I paid and it was delivered to my door with no separate shipping charge. These guys ships many cars each month so they must get a pretty good bulk discount.

I assume the price may have been less if I did not have it delivered, but I don't know by how much.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Here's the breakdown:
View attachment 34306
Unfortunately they don't really separate out the line items. I had the $3,000 Costco discount. No special GM card or other discounts. If you do the math, it was $27,155 total, before taxes, for a Cajun Red (+$395) Premier with every option. This is the price I paid and it was delivered to my door with no separate shipping charge. These guys ships many cars each month so they must get a pretty good bulk discount.

I assume the price may have been less if I did not have it delivered, but I don't know by how much.
Once again ... these dealership numbers on Purchase Agreements are never straighforward math!:rolleyes:

So help me understand this.

You said you bought a 2020 Premier, fully loaded. Isn't that: DCFC ($750), Infotainment Package ($595), and Driver Confidence 2 ($495)? That would have an MSRP of $43,735.

Then, you had the Cajun Red paint for an extra ($395). So your MSRP should've been $43,735 + $395 = $44,130 (+$75 doc/proc fee) = $44,205. Is that about right?

You financed $20,189.06, which included a $7,000 down payment (??), so that makes your purchase price $27,189.06 (??) ... but that apparently included $34.06 for some other fee that shows up under "Total Taxes" (??).

Anyway ..., you needed ~$17,050 in discounts.

So how did that breakdown? $8500 (GM Rebate) + $750 (some other rebate) + $7800 (Donohoo Dealer Discount?)? Is that correct?

If so, back when you purchased in February, Donohoo's Dealer Discount was the same as the GM Rebate ... so ... $8500 ... or $17,000 off in total.

It looks like they cut their Dealer Discount by $700, which was replaced by that other $750 rebate you had (??) ... and that $700 was enough to cover the cost of the shipping ??

========

Question #1: What is that $1200 in accessories? The Options don't add up to that. And they shouldn't be listed anyway because they're part of the MSRP!

Question #2: Why do taxes show $3034.06? AZ sales tax is either 5.6% or 6.6%. Even 6.6% of the largest number here ($44,205) is close ... at $2917.53, but isn't the tax over there supposed to be based on 60% of the MSRP ... or MSRP minus any rebate money ??

Question #3: $9250 in Rebates is $8500 + $750 for what?

And the Costco money was added to your down payment, correct?.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts