Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2017 Bolt yesterday. New, 5 miles on it.

Front passenger door does not work this morning. Lock/unlock works fine and the lock indicator on the door pops up and down. However, when you operate the lever both inside and out, there is zero 'engagement'. With the other door handles, when you pull them out, you feel the mechanism engage, and then the door opens. With this one door, NOTHING.

Huge pain in the ass to have to go back to the dealer with a one day old car. And, not a great first impression, I have to say. Pity, as our kids were all excited about going electric and this takes the wind out of the sails a bit.

Anyone have this problem before? An easy fix, before trekking back to the dealer?

Dave.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Sounds like the actuator rod popped out of the lever in the door panel.

Most likely an easy fix if you've ever removed a door panel, but... being new and not knowing where the panel clips and screws are... I'd let the dealer do it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
sorry.. that sucks... just a minor QA issue where someone missed slipping the rod into the door lock mechanism. If that is the worst you face (and there have been a few bad situations), then consider yourself lucky. They should be able to put that back together while you wait.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Weird, they should have been in and out of that door several times during dealer prep. Maybe it was only partially engaged, or a plastic clip broke or something. With the jackarse subscription service manual crap GM has pulled with this car, what normally could have been relayed/posted in a few minutes on a forum (usually dozens of members have factory manuals on hand) on how easy/quick this could be to fix, I would take it back into the dealer unless someone chimes in with a diagram and some step-by-step to guide you along.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts