Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front driver's side door handle fell off last Friday. I opened my door and the small triangle piece (metal not just the plastic cover)next to the handle fell to the ground, and the rest of the handle pulled out farther than it's supposed to. I was able to push the handle back in, and pop the door open. However, as of today I can't get in my driver's side door from the outside.I took it in to the dealership and they are ordering parts. Anyone else have a similar issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fixed the door handle today. I got tired of waiting for Chevy. I took some pictures as I went, so I'll try and do a little walk through.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
borkbork, that was a real side-splitter. Thank you for that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I fixed the door handle today. I got tired of waiting for Chevy. I took some pictures as I went, so I'll try and do a little walk through.
Can you post that walk through? I've had mine fall off 4 times now each time my car sits at the dealership for a week.

Thanks,
-wes

·
Registered
388 Posts
I believe the triangle piece is meant to come off if NEEDED hides the key cylinder but it should not be randomly falling off (should take effort to pry it off). Are You sure it was put back on firmly?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe the triangle piece is meant to come off if NEEDED hides the key cylinder but it should not be randomly falling off (should take effort to pry it off). Are You sure it was put back on firmly?
I think the OP's ENTIRE HANDLE fell off lol....he mentioned he couldn't even open the door from the outside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts