Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
I also have a door lock stick issue but mine is that it never goes in and always sticks out even when door is locked. I tried taking it to dealer to fix but they said car has to stay at their shop for 2-3 days before someone can take a look since they are completely backlogged.

Registered
I also have a door lock stick issue but mine is that it never goes in and always sticks out even when door is locked. I tried taking it to dealer to fix but they said car has to stay at their shop for 2-3 days before someone can take a look since they are completely backlogged.
Those knobs screw onto the lock rod. Just screw it down until it's correct.

• Helpful
Reactions: XJ12

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think they are assuming you can unlock the door and the stick will pop up. I assume the problem is that it's stuck in the down position and won't come up?
Correct, the stick won鈥檛 come up no matter the door is locked or unlocked. I will probably ask the dealer to fix it during the first service.

Registered
23 EUV Black Prem RedLine SC+SS
I had a similar issue way back. Try to slide a wider plastic straw down around the plunger while locking/unlocking. The straw should help guide the plunger up. If it works unscrew the plunger a little.

• Helpful
Reactions: GregBrew

Registered
It looks like the knob is still in the guide, but the lock rod may be disconnected from the lock arm inside the door.

Registered
2019 Bolt & 2015 Spark EV
One of three likely reasons causing this, IMO:
1) Friction from improperly manufactured or aligned components;
2) Failed/broken actuator;
3) Wiring/Connector issue for actuator

If I'm betting, I'm going for failed actuator. Some components fail prematurely, and actuators most always fail with it's mechanics "frozen"/locked up as a result.

Best of luck.

Registered
One of three likely reasons causing this, IMO:
1) Friction from improperly manufactured or aligned components;
2) Failed/broken actuator;
3) Wiring/Connector issue for actuator

If I'm betting, I'm going for failed actuator. Some components fail prematurely, and actuators most always fail with it's mechanics "frozen"/locked up as a result.

Best of luck.
First thing is you need to know if the door locks and unlocks and if it will open
from the inside and outside release handles.

Registered
2019 Bolt & 2015 Spark EV
So the door functions as normal, it is just the stick got stuck. I think the only purpose of the stick is to lock the door from inside. I don't think my kid would understand anyway :)
So out of my three possibilities, all were wrong 馃榿馃槄. If the lock mechanisms are locking and unlocking, but the stick/indicator is stuck like Chuck, that leads me to believe it has had the linkage become physically disconnected somehow..... a number of possibilities here, an attempted break in is one of them, but definitely not a certainty.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So out of my three possibilities, all were wrong 馃榿馃槄. If the lock mechanisms are locking and unlocking, but the stick/indicator is stuck like Chuck, that leads me to believe it has had the linkage become physically disconnected somehow..... a number of possibilities here, an attempted break in is one of them, but definitely not a certainty.
If I have to pick between attempted break in vs build quality, I will definitely pick the latter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts